You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-06 00:54:27

mreiland

Configuration for PostgreSQL [solved]

Hey everyone, new user here smile  I'm coming from Gentoo and I'm trying to set PostgreSQL up on my new Arch Install.  I've gotten it installed as well as taken care of a few locale issues, but it's now complaining about PG_VERSION missing (and I suspect there will be issues once this is solved).  Is there a way to have arch autoconfigure all of this?  I've had to manually copy in the postgresql.conf file and everything.  I'm not a postgresql guru by any means, but would like to get it working w/o having to become one.

Any comments, suggestions, and/or resources that would help me in that goal would be greatly appreciated.

I've already looked over the archlinux wiki entry for postgresql and it doesn't appeart to contain the information that I'm looking for.

- Michael

[solved]

turns out initdb didn't get called.  The solution is to su into the postgres user and run:

initdb -D [postgres_root]

The default for the root is /var/lib/postgres/

The rc.d/postgres file appears to have the code to run initdb, but it relies on $PGROOT being set, which isn't set on install.  You may be able to set $PGROOT and then do the normal /etc/rc.d/postgresql start but I didn't test it.

Last edited by mreiland (2007-03-08 23:37:16)

#2 2007-03-08 23:37:24

mreiland

Re: Configuration for PostgreSQL [solved]

bump

Board footer