You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-14 09:51:50

nGerrit

claws-mail default mail dir

Hi,
how do i change the default mail directory in claws-mail? He creates directories directly in my home dir. i couln't find any information on how to configure it to put it in .mail for example..

do you know how to do it?

ngerrit

#2 2007-03-14 16:58:54

G_Syme

Re: claws-mail default mail dir

Yo nGerrit,

I've had the same problem and didn't find any information how to place the mail folder into a directory other than the home dir. But you can at least specify the mail folder's name.
If you add a new mailbox just type in ".mail" and claws-mail puts your mail into ".mail". It seems that it doesn't distinguish between mailbox name and mailbox path. But you cannot e.g. put your mail into ~/really/long/path AFAIK, only into a direct subdirectory in your home dir.

But maybe we're lucky and somebody else has found a different approach to make the above possible, too. wink

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

#3 2007-03-14 17:19:54

skymt

I couldn't find any way to do it through the GUI, but you can get the result you want by editing an XML file. First, copy all your mail from ~/Mail to ~/.mail. Then open ~/.claws-mail/folderlist.xml in your favorite text editor and change the path on line 3 to ".mail" (it seems to be automatically relative to your ~).

#4 2007-03-14 17:22:14

nGerrit

well that would work with one account. but i have multiple accounts. i dream of a folder .mail/acc1 .mail/acc2 and so on.

#5 2007-03-14 17:46:54

skymt

nGerrit wrote:

well that would work with one account. but i have multiple accounts. i dream of a folder .mail/acc1 .mail/acc2 and so on.

You can do that easily. Just change the path for each top-level folder in folderlist.xml. Make sure to move the mail first.

Board footer