You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-17 07:57:41

lallepot

[SOLVED] How to run the SETUP program from other boot than install CD

How to run the SETUP program from other boot than install CD

How do I run the Arch setup program then I boot from something else than the CD?

I install the base installation om my hard drive booted it, and then mounted the Archlinux Base Installer CD. But when I access the CD there is no setup program at /arch/setup.

The installation guide only says how to start the setup script if you boot from the CD. I am curious in case I need to boot from another source (hard drive or another live CD).

The solution, given by tomk (thx for that), is>

The setup script is for installing Arch only - it doesn't have any purpose on an installed Arch system. If you insist on this, however, you will have to decompress the initrd.img on the install CD - that's where the setup script is, along with everything else necessary for installation.

--lallepot

Last edited by lallepot (2007-03-17 12:26:21)

#2 2007-03-17 09:13:59

dojo

Re: [SOLVED] How to run the SETUP program from other boot than install CD

#3 2007-03-17 10:03:02

Pajaro

why do you want to run the setup program from the hd? on you are in the hd you don't need the setup anymore.

#4 2007-03-17 11:32:50

tomk
Forum Fellow

The setup script is for installing Arch only - it doesn't have any purpose on an installed Arch system. If you insist on this, however, you will have to decompress the initrd.img on the install CD - that's where the setup script is, along with everything else necessary for installation.

Board footer