You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-21 13:30:20

JulioMaranhao

Is there a Server selector for Pacman?

Hi, people!

I also experienced the current "pacman -Sy" problem. But I was suprised about the overloaded ftp.archlinux.org. I am sorry for not specifying a near server. I did no post install config in pacman.conf to choose a specific server.

I know how to do it, but is there a program/script that helps to select/change only 1 Server? I understand that the pacman try each server in the pacman.d folder (include directory). And ftp.archlinux.org is the first in the list. So the overload problem is the standard pacman.conf.

I want to disable the include directives and to enable only one Server directive per [repository]. My objective is to always syncronize with the same Server (to track any errors).

Please, don't supose this is a RFE. This is pretty easy to do (manually). I just want to know if someone else already did some kind of paman.conf "manager". This is a counter-KISS program. But, if it exists, ... I would like to try.

Cheers.

#2 2007-03-21 14:15:11

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Is there a Server selector for Pacman?

It exists in some form but I'm not sure what that is right now - try searching the forums for sortmirror

#3 2007-03-21 17:47:13

JulioMaranhao

dtw wrote:

It exists in some form but I'm not sure what that is right now - try searching the forums for sortmirror

Thank you. I will continue with a manual edit.

Cheers

#4 2007-03-21 19:05:26

drakosha
Website

pacman has /usr/bin/sortmirrors smile

#5 2007-03-21 22:08:02

hacosta

sortmirrors doesn't work properly try rankmirrors
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcv … oot=Pacman

Board footer