You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-22 00:13:31

SleepingGiant08

Need a web programer

Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have any web programing experience (i.e ruby on rails, php). I am more interested in RoR (I have RoR hosting so why not use it), but I don't care.

Anyways, I wanted to change my whole premise around my site theartoflinux.com. I wanted to create a site that is a cross between DeviantART and Arch's Monthly Screenshot Thread. Where users can pot screenshots and their configs. I played around with various Gallery projects, but it's not exactly what I want.

If any of you would be willing to create such a applcation, it does not have to be so complicated, that would really cool. I have some programming experience, but not enough nor enough time to do such a project. If anyone would be wiling to do this for free, that would be even better. But, I am willing to pay to a certain extent. I am just a "kid," so money is tight on my end.

If you need more info on this concept, I will email you. I think this would be a pretty cool site. If you have any suggestions that would cool too.

Thanks,

Julian D

P.S my site right now is just PunBB, so its nothing special.

Edit: I realize this may be a relatively large project, so any help at all I would greatly appreciate.

Last edited by SleepingGiant08 (2007-03-22 01:16:07)

Registered Linux User #439761

#2 2007-03-22 03:51:36

Ruckus

Re: Need a web programer

SleepingGiant08 wrote:

Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have any web programing experience (i.e ruby on rails, php). I am more interested in RoR (I have RoR hosting so why not use it), but I don't care.

Anyways, I wanted to change my whole premise around my site theartoflinux.com. I wanted to create a site that is a cross between DeviantART and Arch's Monthly Screenshot Thread. Where users can pot screenshots and their configs. I played around with various Gallery projects, but it's not exactly what I want.

If any of you would be willing to create such a applcation, it does not have to be so complicated, that would really cool. I have some programming experience, but not enough nor enough time to do such a project. If anyone would be wiling to do this for free, that would be even better. But, I am willing to pay to a certain extent. I am just a "kid," so money is tight on my end.

If you need more info on this concept, I will email you. I think this would be a pretty cool site. If you have any suggestions that would cool too.

Thanks,

Julian D

P.S my site right now is just PunBB, so its nothing special.

Edit: I realize this may be a relatively large project, so any help at all I would greatly appreciate.

I could make such a website (even make it apart of your forums if you want, I have some background experience in modding PunBB). I'm still in highschool my self, but have been coding php/mysql for ~2 years (Java even longer).

http://www.uploadit.biz is a website I coded and ran for ~1.5 years, I recently sold it to a friend (hence the domain redirect).

Depending on exactly what you want done, I'd say ~25-50$ depending on how complicated you wanted to make it. Drop me an email  or post back here if interested.

EDIT: I've removed the email address so it doesn't get picked up by a spambot. SleepingGiant08: Use the forum email form if you want to contact Ruckus privatly.
--Snowman

#3 2007-03-22 10:12:06

SleepingGiant08

Re: Need a web programer

Ruckus you are awesome. I was beginning to think no one would be willing to take on such a task, but I woke up to your post and was relieved. I am going to email you some more details, at least what I have right now. I don't really know if i want the site integrated into PunBB, but i guess I could be persyaded...

Oh BTW , if anyone alse has interest in creating this site go ahead and email me or post here

~Julian D

Registered Linux User #439761

Board footer