You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-26 22:36:34

Shirakawasuna

Aurbuild orphans created when removing packages

Sorry if this is a fixed problem, but I found a slight annoyance in aurbulid's dependency resolving.  When I install a package with aurbuild -s <package>, it works conveniently well, but every dependency resolved and installed with pacman is explicitly installed and so will not be removed when I later decide I don't want it and do pacman -Rcs <package>.  This results, of course, in a bunch of dependencies which will show up, along with a number of important system packages and wanted packages, with pacman -Qe.   The only way I've found to conveniently even know which packages have been orphaned is to write them down during the aurbuild install dialogs, which is a tad incomplete as I can't figure out which dependencies were needed in the past.  Any help for figuring out how to make this easier or whether or not I should add in a request to aurbuild would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

#2 2007-03-26 22:49:35

dolby

Re: Aurbuild orphans created when removing packages

pacman 3 will deal with orphans as it should. at least thats what ppl say. havent tested it yet. wait for a few days for it to reach currentif u dont use testing

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-03-26 23:07:27

Shirakawasuna

well, yaourt does it someone right, so that pacman -Rs <package> will remove the dependencies, but somehow whether or not I use aurbuild or yaourt doing -R or -Rs on one of the dependencies doesn't show a warning as it does for direct pacman-installed dependencies.

#4 2007-03-26 23:27:33

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

at line 732 replace

cmd = ['pacman', '-S', '--noconfirm']

with

cmd = ['pacman', '-D']

that should take care of --syncdeps but not --builddeps as that switch only works for db'd packages. The fix for the latter would be fugly and I don't have alot of time to try it. Basically the Reason: field in the desc file should have the lines "explicitly installed" replaced with "installed as a dependency for another package" or something along those lines. If any feels they can write a patch for it I'll gladly implement it.

Board footer