unstable is up to date
 community is up to date
 danimoth is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... 
:: libwnck conflicts with libwnck-compiz. Remove libwnck-compiz? [Y/n] y
done.
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: libwnck-compiz requires emerald

If i try first to remove libwnck-compiz, it tries to also remove emerald, which I don't want!! What's to do?

Last edited by RaisedFist (2007-04-01 17:40:12)

#2 2007-04-01 11:58:17

JGC
Developer

Re: Some dependencies problem [SOLVED]

Hmm, seems this message is still not right. Pacman reversed the error message, it should say "emerald requires libwnck-compiz".
I added versioned depends to all gnome packages, libwnck-compiz doesn't suffice anymore because it's an older version, so pacman wants to replace libwnck-compiz, but fails doing so because emerald needs that.

Solution is simple: grab the unofficial PKGBUILD for libwnck-compiz, update it to match the official libwnck version and install it. Other option is to use emerald from extra, which depends on the normal libwnck.

#3 2007-04-01 14:51:10

RaisedFist
Website

JGC wrote:

Hmm, seems this message is still not right. Pacman reversed the error message, it should say "emerald requires libwnck-compiz".
I added versioned depends to all gnome packages, libwnck-compiz doesn't suffice anymore because it's an older version, so pacman wants to replace libwnck-compiz, but fails doing so because emerald needs that.

Solution is simple: grab the unofficial PKGBUILD for libwnck-compiz, update it to match the official libwnck version and install it. Other option is to use emerald from extra, which depends on the normal libwnck.

I have emerald installed from extra... so I will try the PKGBUILD stuff.

#4 2007-04-01 17:38:50

RaisedFist
Website

I uninstalled emerald and the old libwnck-compiz, then installed emerald again, which automatically installed the new libwnck.

Board footer