You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-28 05:53:04

Dulbi
Member
Registered: 2026-04-01
Posts: 3

smolvm v1.18.1-1 error with libkrun.so

I've installed smolvm v1.18.1-1 and there is the following issue :

Starting ephemeral machine (vm-6e7a5c86)...
Error: agent operation failed: start machine: agent operation failed: monitor agent: Error: agent operation failed: load libkrun: failed to load /usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.so: libvirglrenderer.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (boot process exited (code 1) before the agent was ready)

which is perfectly correct:

❯ locate libkrun
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.provenance
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.so
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.so.2
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrunfw.so
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrunfw.so.5
/usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrunfw.so.5.5.0

I'm not an expert but I think given the libkrun and libkrunfw are also coming from the smolvm GH repo, the PKGBUILD file should reference the ad-hoc versions (see https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … heads#L15).

Offline

#2 2026-09-28 06:34:02

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,215

Re: smolvm v1.18.1-1 error with libkrun.so

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/smolvm/ lists https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x8 … lrenderer/ as make dependency but seems its a runtime one.
=> https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … work_items

https://github.com/smol-machines/smolvm includes specific versions of krun* to bundle them - it might be possible to just link it against the main versions but that would only be reasonable if smolvm has a build switch for that (not by re-linking stuff downstream)

Online

#3 Yesterday 11:37:47

Dulbi
Member
Registered: 2026-04-01
Posts: 3

Re: smolvm v1.18.1-1 error with libkrun.so

I've updated to the latest version so far (v1.24.0) and I've also added the virglrenderer to fix the following error:
Error: agent operation failed: start machine: agent operation failed: monitor agent: Error: agent operation failed: load libkrun: failed to load /usr/lib/smolvm/lib/libkrun.so: libvirglrenderer.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (boot process exited (code 1) before the agent was ready)

I guess it might be included as a requirement though

Offline

#4 Yesterday 12:56:59

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,215

Re: smolvm v1.18.1-1 error with libkrun.so

You'll have to report this at https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … work_items - packaging errors won't be resolved in the BBS

Online

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB