You are not logged in.
For years, I have successfully installed Arch Linux multiple times alongside my HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 printer (wireless). It always worked flawlessly using hplip and configuring it via localhost:631. However, for the past few months, I can no longer get it to work. I am presented with a lot of options and choices, but I fail to get a working printer setup. The best result I’ve managed so far was getting black text to print, but colors (images?) would not print at all. I asked Gemini for help, but I am getting lost in all the different possibilities.
My printer is detected and shown, but after that, I get bogged down in the options:
Available Printers:
• HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 [B44B33])
• HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210)
• HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 [B44B33])
• HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (driverless))
Can anyone help me point me in the right direction?
Tnx
Offline
• HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 (driverless))
would be https://www.pwg.org/ipp/everywhere.html and the preferable choice.
You'll need https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/cups-pdf/
nb. if "past few months" is slightly exaggerated and more like "some weeks", CUPS ( https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x8 … psfilters/ ) is currently clusterfucked and breaks several configurations ![]()
Try downgrading it to 2.1.1-4 and cups-filters to 2.0.1-2
Offline