You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-07 00:00:22

robb_force

Newish PKGBUILD for GnGeo

The maintainer has not updated this package (a newer version has been available for over 6 months) and doesn't appear to respond to comments. I have a new PKGBUILD ready, based on Janitux's, including an install file with additional hints if someone could orphan this package. smile

#2 2007-04-07 00:19:17

mezoko
Website

Re: Newish PKGBUILD for GnGeo

Hello!
That would be me, I switched my name a while ago, and then I left arch for about a year. Luckily I still remembered my old password to the msg431 account, and I disowned the packages, now they are orphan, so I do apologize.

Mezoko

(Funny how I found this post checking out the latest posts since my last visi)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

#3 2007-04-07 00:24:48

robb_force

Wow, it didn't seem like you were around. Welcome back. smile Do you not want to maintain the package any longer? I can send my changes to you if you want to keep it.

#4 2007-04-07 15:46:34

mezoko
Website

I wasn't around I just started again with arch last week and the msg431 account was registered to my old email address. In order for to start maintaining packages again I would have to read up about abs and see all the new changes and what not. Plus to be honest I haven't used gngeo for a while now. With school and all that it just becomes hard to play games.

Last edited by mezoko (2007-04-07 15:47:07)

#5 2007-04-07 19:23:33

robb_force

main.c: In function 'init_joystick':
main.c:125: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DDATA_DIRECTORY='"/usr/share/gngeo"' -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DI386_ASM -DUSE_STARSCREAM -DUSE_RAZE -O3 -Wall -Wno-unused -funroll-loops -ffast-math -g -c star_interf.c
star_interf.c:44: error: initializer element is not computable at load time
star_interf.c:44: error: (near initialization for 'pretend_programfetch[4].offset')

I get that error when trying to compile with the pkgbuild sad

Since we have this topic open already about GnGeo in the PKGBUILD support area, tell me more about the error you're getting when compiling. You must have found a missing make dependency, but which one? I can't determine that from these messages. I did notice that the corresponding compiler liine on my system had these additional flags for star_interf.c

-fstrength-reduce -frerun-loop-opt -falign-functions=2 -falign-jumps=2 -fexpensive-optimizations                     -falign-loops=2 -fschedule-insns2 -malign-double -fomit-frame-pointer -g                 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -mtune=i686 -DCPU=i686

Can you paste the topmost portion of the compile log that contains all the checks for gcc, autoconf, etc?

#6 2007-04-07 20:25:01

mezoko
Website

Well that is the whole build log:
http://rafb.net/p/3tBAjo49.html

#7 2007-04-08 00:14:08

robb_force

Thank you. The only difference I see between our systems is at line 94 where it reads on your machine:

configure: WARNING: Processor type not known - Use generic optimisations

and on mine:

Turning on x86 processor optimisations

What is your CPU? Configure should have been able to detect it, but it has not on your machine. There is an option that can be passed to configure "--build=TYPE" where TYPE is the system type. The system types are listed in the config.sub file. Take a look around line 346 and on. You should be able to pass something like "--build=athlon". This could get it to compile for your system. Let me know your CPU and if compiling the source from scratch with a build option works. I can try incorporating it into the PKGBUILD for your system type.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

#8 2007-04-08 03:54:19

mezoko
Website

Well I am running the 64bit version of archlinux, and I have an Athlon 3200+ Mobile, so I think this might be a problem with a 64bit system.

#9 2007-04-08 06:13:01

robb_force

I have arch=(i686) in the PKGBUILD, does aurbuild ignore the arch option? This appears to be a a known issue. The suggestion is to use the gen68k core instead of the starscream core. Try adding "--enable-gen68k" to the configure line of the PKGBUILD. You might need to enable the z80 core as well.

cd $startdir/src/${pkgname}-${pkgver}
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gen68k --enable-mamez80
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=${startdir}/pkg install

See if that allows it to compile. I still don't know why configure doesn't detect your processor as x86_64.

#10 2007-04-10 12:44:35

mezoko
Website

well that makes the program compile but it fails when trying to run a rom... at Converting Tile and if I try the svn version it segfaults sad

Board footer