You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-07 07:35:16

hackmykack

Gnome hangs when changing theme [SOLVED]

Hey guys,

Don't know if anyone had this problem of if its been posted before so anyways .....

I recently installed Voodoo with kde, gnome & xfce.

My main desktop is KDE but I do use GNOME & XFCE occasionally.

When on KDE I like to be able to change my gtk theme so I installed gtk-qt-engine.

After choosing a theme in the GTK-QT-Engine settings box my gtk apps would adjust accordingly and everything would be fine.

However, when I logged into GNOME and tried to change the GNOME theme .... my desktop would freeze yikes

If I did a ctrl+atl+del I would be taken to gdm but would now get .Xsession errors when trying to re-login.

I would have to login back to KDE, delete the gconf directories and only then was I able to log back into GNOME.

Now the reason I could not change the theme in GNOME was coz the gtk-qt-engine program modified my .gtkrc-2.0 .... and this was causing all the hang ups .... pun intended.

So I edited the gtk-qt-engine modified .gtkrc-2.0 file & commented out everything.

After this GNOME works perfectly and changing themes is now a snap big_smile

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

hack

#2 2007-04-13 11:55:14

darweth

Re: Gnome hangs when changing theme [SOLVED]

Thank you!  This saved my life!  Well, it did not save my life but it was important. smile  I thought my GNOME was borked and ended up deleting every config and re-installing it before I came across this.  DOH!

#3 2007-04-13 17:19:04

hackmykack

Re: Gnome hangs when changing theme [SOLVED]

Yes my minion .... all UR lives are now belong to me .... bwahahahahahaha

( Translation .... Anytime .... See ya !)

Board footer