You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-11 17:26:12

dienadel

Can't auth with kmail

Hello!

I've an extrange problem with kmail. Moreless since the last upgrade of kdepim. But, i can't say that that pkg is the origin of the problem, as the same day deleted some files with   kleansweep (AUR).

Since that day i can't login to my mail account. It seems as if the password would be incorrect, but it isn't. So i deleted all the configuration related to kmail, and create again the account. After some proves, here is the anoying thing:

1. Create the account, set the passwd and say that store it in the configuration file, but not using kwallet (as in the past)
2. Without exiting kmail, i can download all the mail, 5 minutes later again...and so on. All perfect (so the passwd is correctly set)
3. Exit kmail
4. Enter kmail, try to dowload mail and.. Can't login!! The same error as if the password were incorrect

Have you any idea of what can be happening?

Thanks!

EDITED: The owner of kmailrc is me, and permissions -rw------

Last edited by dienadel (2018-03-21 16:45:35)

#2 2007-04-11 22:38:24

Damnshock

Re: Can't auth with kmail

Are you sure you deleted all the kmail related configuration? To be absolutly sure, create another user and try kmail in that account and see what happens. If it works... then there's something in you config which brings problems.

Damnshock

My blog: blog.marcdeop.com
Jabber ID: damnshock@jabber.org

#3 2007-04-12 12:20:59

dienadel

Re: Can't auth with kmail

:-(

I created a new user, and the error persists. I'll make deeper google search, including  kde bugs.

The very extrange thing is that seems that i'm the only one with this error, at least here, in arch.

Bye

Board footer