You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-14 13:48:17

mazu

Standard kernel and fbsplash patch.

I used to use kernel26-beyond kernel with fbsplash. Recently I found out that with this kernel any attempt to mount ntfs disk end with system hung. I switched back to standard kernel, but I want to still use fbsplash. I read the wiki several times but I can't figure out how to patch and compile kernel with fbsplash. Can anyone write step by step what shuld I do?
Thanks for any help in advice.

mazu

#2 2007-04-14 14:00:10

raymano
Website

Re: Standard kernel and fbsplash patch.

mazu wrote:

I used to use kernel26-beyond kernel with fbsplash. Recently I found out that with this kernel any attempt to mount ntfs disk end with system hung. I switched back to standard kernel, but I want to still use fbsplash. I read the wiki several times but I can't figure out how to patch and compile kernel with fbsplash. Can anyone write step by step what shuld I do?
Thanks for any help in advice.

mazu

Not that it answers your question but I have been using the latest beyond kernel since it came out and have had no problem with mounting and using ntfs disks resulting in system hangs. Also I have recently been using ntfs-3g which allows safely writing to NTFS partitions. I am using it for backups on an external USB drive with an NTFS file system. Give ntf-3g a shot before patching the kernel.

Last edited by raymano (2007-04-14 14:01:35)

FaunOS: Live USB/DVD Linux Distro: http://www.faunos.com

#3 2007-04-14 14:04:59

mazu

Re: Standard kernel and fbsplash patch.

This ntfs thing is really strange, but I had the same on two centrino laptops (one acer, second toshiba). I checked the logs, and it looks like dbus stop to respond just after trying to mount such a drive. After about two minutes after this system hungs.

Board footer