You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-18 02:29:16

abienkow

Kernel panic after update (SOLVED)

So I have update my kernel on my laptop, and now as soon as I launch firefox the two lights start flashing and everything freezes, just like a kernel panic.

I thought it was cause my firefox, so I loaded opera, and I get the same result. Running simple terminal windows in my XFC4 windows manager works just fine, even running mythfrontend is ok too, not sure why this is specific to firefox or opera.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by abienkow (2007-04-23 20:18:35)

#2 2007-04-18 06:22:44

STiAT

Re: Kernel panic after update (SOLVED)

Check your logs after you rebooted, that should help us finding the source of the problem.

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#3 2007-04-18 11:03:09

abienkow

I looked through all the logs, and couldn't find anything, but I was able to reproduce this from text terminal window, looks like this happens before firefox tries to talk to the X server.  I'm not sure how I go about capturing the whole stack trace, but the last line looks like this.

<0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

I've tried executing

firefox > kenel_panic.txt but nothing was written to the file.

#4 2007-04-18 11:51:24

sl
Banned
Website

you might get an output if you edit the fx script ...
/opt/mozilla/lib/firefox/firefox (i think, am not at hoem now so can't check)

there is a line near the bottom, just search throught the script for firefox-bin(or mozilla), and you should find it
then at the end of that exec  add  `> panick.log(or whatever)'

#5 2007-04-23 20:18:22

abienkow

Fixed the problem, it looks like the update process was not updating the files in my boot partition, because the boot partition was not being mounted. I would simply copy stuff to the /boot directory. I have copied the content of the /boot directory to the boot partition and change the /etc/fstab so that the boot partition is mounted at boot.  Its all good now.

Board footer