You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-21 21:24:09

rquijanol

Syntax Highlight in Gedit

Hi

I need to develop some code in Flex and Bison, but don't know where to get the syntax highlighters for gedit. When I had kubuntu, kate automatically highlight the files.

Any suggestion besides installing the whole kde desktop manager.

Thnx in advance

#2 2007-04-21 21:30:22

STiAT

Re: Syntax Highlight in Gedit

Well, i don't know any syntax highlight program for Gnome which supports this two ones.

Kate is in the kdebase package, so no need to install the whole KDE desktop environment to run kate (kdelibs probably).

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#3 2007-04-21 22:03:28

junglepeanut
Website

If you locate gtk-sourceview on your system you will see a bunch of languages. (*.lang) These are xml files although I have not worked with them you should be able to easily note the differences between kates (*.xml) internal layout and gtk's (*.lang). I compared cpp and c++ for the two and they were very similar but slightly different probably as one was app specific and the other looked DE specific.

Thus all you need is the right files...I would have pasted my flex.xml, or bison.xml ...but apparently my kate does not have one of either so maybe kate just recognized it as a scripting language and highlighted as a script language that was close enough? If so maybe just choose the right script language for gedit that is close enough. If you know what the file is called I will gladly send or  paste  it if I have it. There are also many syntax files for them on the web so you may be able to just use one of those although they seem mostly mac os x (xcode) or Windows format (MXML) I don't know the difference.

#4 2007-04-21 22:04:40

junglepeanut
Website

Also i know nothing about this stuff so if I am wrong sorry I just searched my system and this is what showed up then I searched google to make sense of it.

#5 2007-04-21 23:09:15

ralvez
Website

Quanta Plus supports Lex/Flex but there is no support for Bison, afaik

R

Board footer