You are not logged in.

#6901 2020-07-27 07:23:50

Ferdinand

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everybody!

I'm a long time Manjaro user and Arch Wiki reader :-)

It has become time to go flat out and learn properly.
I look forward to get to know this community, and - to the best of my efforts - contribute.

Last edited by Ferdinand (2020-07-27 07:25:46)

#6902 2020-07-27 19:34:58

Palanthis
Website

Ferdinand wrote:

Hello everybody!

I'm a long time Manjaro user and Arch Wiki reader :-)

It has become time to go flat out and learn properly.
I look forward to get to know this community, and - to the best of my efforts - contribute.

Welcome to real Arch. Glad to have you!

#6903 2020-07-31 02:22:47

csts

Hello, used Debian for 18 years, until I saw the light and used Arch for a while.
After I managed to break it, I installed Manjaro and used it for a year, but now I'm back with Arch.
This forum along with Arch Wiki was always a thesaurus for me, yes, even when I used Debian.
Arch is the way.

#6904 2020-07-31 15:15:10

icar

Hello, I've been using Arch for some time now. Finally made the decision to check the forums.
See you around smile

#6905 2020-07-31 16:04:40

tank

Hello,

It has been a while since I post in a forum; I guess that the fact that I created an account to participate in the Arch Linux forums should mean something. I am also not much of a "posting in an intro thread" kind of guy, but then again, that should mean something...

What I am trying to say is that I am excited for having jumped into the Arch Linux world. I have always played around with Linux distros, but never as my main OS. After a few months of running Arch (and many other distros) on a VM, I have decided to give Arch Linux a shot as my main OS.

Happy to be here and looking forward to contributing.

Best,
tank

#6906 2020-08-02 04:31:05

chaseleif

Hallo,

I got into computers around '98, and before long I was learning C and reverse engineering shareware in my spare time.
I stopping using computers, went probably about 15 years without touching a computer, then I started getting back into computing a few years ago.
In May I finished a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and I'm starting grad school this month.

Among others, I've used OpenSUSE, Manjaro, and most recently Ubuntu. I've made do with each one, for a while, before loading something new when I got tired of it or had dumb problems.
Ubuntu was OK, I was planning on looking for something else anyway, then my toolbar started intermittently disappearing. So, it was time to sit down and find a distro I am actually happy with.

I've been using Arch for about a week, and I have to say Arch Linux is my favorite distro thus far! I have everything I need, nothing I don't, and everything is configured for me and my system.

Arch Linux is sweet!

#6907 2020-08-04 14:12:43

DoodMann

Hi, I'm a teenager which have a very old laptop, so considered using Arch! Great by the way, currently using a more, stable LTS Kernel instead of the rolling release. Hopefully I'd stay here a little longer!

Newbie Arch Linux user from using Debian-based distros. Triple-boot from Manjaro, and Win10

#6908 Yesterday 07:45:27

alintram

Hello hello everyone!

Finally installed Arch! :)

It took me a week to install it and making it to desktop is so satisfying! :D
It was not hard at all, it took so long because I was so scared about making mistakes and breaking something, haha.
Even checking checksums was a challenge for me ( you know reading a message that it there is a possibility of malicious image gave me so much anxiety (in a good way, haha) ).
I even did several Arch installs on virtualbox ( 1st one was pathetic, haha could not configure wifi ) until I was satisfied that I understood everything.

Glad to be an Arch user now and be able explore it and tinker with it myself. ;P

Board footer