You are not logged in.

#7901 2024-09-11 15:59:23

Phydoux

Re: The Official Hello Everyone Thread

Hello... again,

Came back here because the other place I was at wasn't doing anything for anyone except giving sarcastic remarks (Reddit). But I'm back after a bit of a hiatus from here. I hope to help out more like I did on Reddit.

I've been using Arch now for almost 5 years and I love it! I've also been using the Awesome WM since I started using Arch in February 2020. It's such a great Tiling Window Manager and I've sort of grew out of the Windows like Desktop Environments. It's really been a great experience for me these last few years.

Anyway, I'm back and hoping to help out in any way I can.

#7902 2024-09-16 02:53:56

Meechh

well i finally got everything working after struggling to fix some goofy issues for a while.  so hi ig

#7903 2024-09-16 03:50:04

johnspack

Hi,  I'm fairly new to Arch.  Started out years ago with Kubuntu but eventually wanted more.  So Manjaro was next.  Finally realizing it was time to learn more linux,  I went to Arch and started building!  Starting with Manjaro and now hard core with Archlinux,
I've already learned more about linux than many years running Ubuntu.  Just today I figured out how to get around the pacman7 and libpamac dependency errors...  thought my system might be fd this morning,  but now all is well!  Having Aur to deal with
makes things a lot more fun.  Also could never get shares to work under Ubuntu..  but Arch makes you create your own samba config files manually,  and you are forced to get it right!  Almost 35yrs using windows before I started my linux journey,  well actually
I started with dos,  before Windows 3.0 came out I could start using that.  With dxvk and vkd3d-proton installed,  Arch makes a great gaming OS too.  Sorry,  just really like this distro even if it makes me work for it sometimes!

Board footer