You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-28 18:27:23

xsdnyd

Pulseaudio + Flash 9

Hi everyone,
I recently installed the pulseaudio server and tried to get it working with flash9 (firefox crashes when using flash with sounds).
Although i followed the instruction on the pulseaudio wiki and used the libflashsupport.so
from this page: http://pulseaudio.revolutionlinux.com/PulseAudio it didn't worked.

So I edited the source-file flashsupport.c.
In line 355 change

/var/lib/run/pulse/native

to

/var/run/pulse/native

Then just compile and install.

This fixed my problem.

I don't know if this issue is only related to Archlinux, but perhabs this helps anyone with the same problem...

greets

We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

#2 2007-04-29 18:29:40

test1000

Re: Pulseaudio + Flash 9

How is pulseaudio? I assume you are using it solely? (ref: the 'perfect setup' pulseaudio wiki page) Does it work? Does it lag or jump?

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#3 2007-04-29 18:45:04

xsdnyd

Hi,
it works perfectly.
No lags or jumps... I also used the perfect setup wiki page.
But I am using it as a local sound server, not as a network sound server (perhabs there it is different).

The only thing that bothers me right now, is that the XFCE volume panel does not work with pulseaudio...
I guess I have to figure out some more info on that smile

We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

#4 2007-04-29 18:51:29

test1000

hehe smile thanks for the info, if this will just be another slowdown layer some heads will roll. (hehe tongue)

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

Board footer