You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-29 15:02:31

expat_iain

Exim & MySQL support [SOLVED]

So it seems that for some reason the Arch Exim package does not have MySQL support built in. I've downloaded the ABS tree and am trying to install from there.

I've therefore modified the PGKBUILD file to contain the additional line:

sed 's|^# LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes$|LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes|' | \

...yet during the makepkg process I get the following:

gcc spa.c
gcc xtextdecode.c
gcc xtextencode.c
ar cq auths.a
ranlib auths.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/daemons/exim/src/exim-4.66/build-Linux-i386/auths'

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `lookups/lookups.a', needed by `exim'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/daemons/exim/src/exim-4.66/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [go] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Perhaps this is just a typical Sunday afternoon. What's the simplest method of getting Exim with MySQL support under Arch?

Regs.

Iain.

Last edited by expat_iain (2007-04-29 19:34:31)

#2 2007-04-29 18:47:54

briest

Re: Exim & MySQL support [SOLVED]

You should also modify LOOKUP_INCLUDE and LOOKUP_LIBS; they should contain at least:

LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/include/mysql
LOOKUP_LIBS=-lmysqlclient

I see, that Arch version of Exim is quite feature-poor; seems reasonable, as Exim lookups capability brings many big requirements. But -- in typical scenario only one of those requirements is needed... I think that a good way to package Exim would be to have separate packages like exim-common (everything but main binary), required by: exim-plain (just bin/exim, built without non-standard lookups, just like the current one), exim-mysql, exim-postgres, exim-ldap... Just thinking aloud wink

#3 2007-04-29 19:01:21

expat_iain

Re: Exim & MySQL support [SOLVED]

Thank you *very* much!

BTW, good idea on the plugin-esque idea. The current binary build is very skinny.

Iain.

Board footer