You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-01 14:47:06

darweth

pacman db borked...?

I use kdemod.  I asked for help on that thread and he referred me to ask for more general help based upon my error message.  Said perhaps my db is corrupted or something.  Here is my problem, which has been ongoing for a few days, first on pacman 2.xx and continues on 3.  So that is irrelevant here.

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 current is up to date
 extra is up to date
 unstable is up to date
 community is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'kdemod.db.tar.gz' from kdemod.ath.cx : Requested Range Not Satisfiable
error: failed to synchronize kdemod: Requested Range Not Satisfiable

What is the meaning of that kdemod error message?  All the info is input correct into my configs.  It only started acting up out of the blue.  The kdemod dude is stumped as the repos and pacman -Syu work immaculate on his end.  Any one have an idea?

#2 2007-05-01 15:15:02

dolby

Re: pacman db borked...?

try changing a mirror. havent seen this before but the problem seems to be on the server not your installation

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-05-01 15:16:46

darweth

That is the only mirror there is. hmm

#4 2007-05-01 18:25:49

toofishes
Developer
Website

I'm not sure what that error code indicates, but it is a problem with the download of the db, not the db on your computer. Try googling it.

#5 2007-05-01 19:35:31

funkyou
Website

Here is someone having the same problem, but with makepkg... It seems like a DNS issue on the first sight...

However, "Requested Range Not Satisfiable" is a http error, and here is some more info...

Resolving 416 errors - general

This error seldom occurs in most Web traffic, particularly when the client system is a Web browser. The URLs in this case are typically standard hyperlinks found on Web pages, which very seldom use the 'Range' specification.

If your client system is not a Web browser, the problem can only be resolved by examining what the client is trying to do then discussing with your ISP why the Web server rejects the 'Range' specification sent by the client system. Most often this is due to a badly written client system which uses the 'Range' specification but disregards the total size of the resource being requested.

Well, did you change some network settings or changed your isp recently??

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#6 2007-05-01 23:33:25

darweth

Dang.  I did not change any network settings recently or my ISP.  hmm  I tried the mirror you posted in the other thread and had the same error.  Blah.  Depressing! sad

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 current is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 unstable is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'kdemod.db.tar.gz' from funkyou.hinterhof-hosting.de : Requested Range Not Satisfiable
error: failed to synchronize kdemod: Requested Range Not Satisfiable
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: pacman: local (3.0.3-1) is newer than current (2.9.8-4)
 local database is up to date

Last edited by darweth (2007-05-01 23:34:25)

#7 2007-05-01 23:39:48

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Can you please post this to the bug tracker.  If I'm reading funkyou's post correctly, it appears this may be the web server rejecting the Range header.  As such this could be fixed in libdownload.

Additionally, can you check if you have a "kdemod.db.tar.gz.part" file in /var/cache/pacman or /var/lib/pacman somewhere?  This might possibly be due to the fact that there is a .part file with a size differing from what is on the server.  This also might be able to be fixed in pacman.

So please, add a bug report for this and I can look into it.

#8 2007-05-01 23:45:24

darweth

phrakture wrote:

Can you please post this to the bug tracker.  If I'm reading funkyou's post correctly, it appears this may be the web server rejecting the Range header.  As such this could be fixed in libdownload.

Additionally, can you check if you have a "kdemod.db.tar.gz.part" file in /var/cache/pacman or /var/lib/pacman somewhere?  This might possibly be due to the fact that there is a .part file with a size differing from what is on the server.  This also might be able to be fixed in pacman.

There is a .part file in /var/lib/pacman!!!  Should I just leave it alone for now?  Will post a bug now.

#9 2007-05-02 03:24:00

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

darweth wrote:
phrakture wrote:

There is a .part file in /var/lib/pacman!!!  Should I just leave it alone for now?  Will post a bug now.

Try deleting it.  Nothing bad can happen, it's just a partially downloaded file.

#10 2007-05-02 03:27:58

darweth

w00t!  deleting the .part file corrected the problem. smile

Board footer