You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-05 10:42:20

Shirakawasuna

tumiki fighters PKGBUILD - help! [solved]

This is my first PKGBUILD and I'm having a bit of trouble with it as this is a binary app, so no need to compile.  It's in the D programming language so it would have to use a non-open-source compiler anyways.  Of course, I should mention again which app it is - tumiki fighters, a 2D side-scrolling game.  This PKGBUILD isn't done yet, but I have a couple of problems I'd like to figure out.

First, here's the PKGBUILD:

arch=(i686)
pkgname=tumiki
pkgver=0.2c
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="An addictive game where you salvage parts from your enemies to become stronger"
depends=('mesa' 'sdl' 'sdl_mixer')
source=(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/$pkgname/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('afb4476b9556fff4d18db124b20141a9')
build () {
#  cd $startdir/src/tf
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  cp -r $startdir/src/tf $startdir/pkg/usr/tumiki
#  mv $startdir/pkg/usr/tumiki/tf $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/tumiki
#  ln -sf /usr/tumiki/tf $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/tumiki
}

This results in the files simply being copied into the /usr/tumiki folder (subject to change in the future).  The app will not run at first but if I change the ownership of the dir and the binary (named tf), it runs.  Strangely enough, if I run the app once after this I can then copy it to /usr/bin/tumiki and it will run fine, but if I tell it to move or copy it over during the installation no matter what ownership specified it will not run properly, giving me an error about being unable to find a file within the /usr/tumiki dir - presumably it's trying to find it starting at the startdir, in this case /usr/bin/, and failing.  Creating a symbolic link doesn't work, either.

The gentoo package has some install settings I'm unfamiliar with and has a script added, link here: http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=80435 .  I'm not sure what I can do with them exactly, though, as I don't read ebuild-ese and the ebuild howto isn't helping with some of the variables invoked.

Thanks for any help!

Nick

Edit: Problem solved, just tweaked stuff around and used the gentoo script.

Last edited by Shirakawasuna (2007-05-07 07:19:13)

Board footer