You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-12 09:44:31

mosh

Sync question (Newbie warning)

Hi,

I have a small question regarding pacman. I installed from [unsupported] rtorrent (rs_rtorrent) and libtorrent (librtorrent) since the packages in the [community] are not up to date (I need the bleeding edge because of some stupid torrent site). I have now few questions:

1) Let's say the packages in [community] got updated for even a newer version, since I don't have them installed I would get no notification, right?
2) Even if the packages in [unsupported] got updated I would still get no notification since I only have the .pkg on my own machine without any sync to a central database.

What is the most simple way (newbie-wise) to keep package in [unsupported] updated, other than repeatedly checking the rtorrent site/AUR site (through web browser) for updates? Can pacman do this for me?

M.

#2 2007-05-12 14:35:27

dolby

Re: Sync question (Newbie warning)

paccman can do it only thru aurbuild or yaourt (theyre both in unsupported). its the easiest way to automise package installation from there

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-05-13 13:45:07

Lone_Wolf

You could use the notify option of AUR, so you'll get an email when a comment is posted.
(you need to be logged in to see the notify option).

It might also help if you posted comments describing your problem on the aur.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2007-05-13 14:27:10

mosh

Lone_Wolf wrote:

You could use the notify option of AUR, so you'll get an email when a comment is posted.
(you need to be logged in to see the notify option).

It might also help if you posted comments describing your problem on the aur.

Thanks for the solution, I subscribed to my packages at AUR.
No problem with AUR whatsoever, just wondered about solution to the "notification about updates" problem.

M.

Last edited by mosh (2007-05-13 14:28:49)

Board footer