You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-18 10:19:19

STiAT

[AUR] Packages orphaned?

Hello,

I'm a bit curious about my packages in AUR. I've seen today, that quite a lot (20) packages of mine got orphaned, as "perl-algorithm-annotate". This module is NOT in aur by an other user, and NOT in current/extra/community.

Yes, it points to an invalid URI, since CPAN once more changed the uris of the "module" pages... Is that the reason why you actually orphan? And why orphan, and not just drop me a message? I'd have worked it off, changing all those packages... but this action by (which TU ever) is quite strange.

Since it was not me who orphaned them - tell me, why are they orphaned?

Yours,
STi

Last edited by STiAT (2007-05-18 10:23:21)

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#2 2007-05-18 10:36:02

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: [AUR] Packages orphaned?

Many of them have been moved to [community] and they are automatically orphaned when this happens, they will be adopted by the TU that merged them to [community] shortly.

Xterminus is the TU in question and he has long maintained a massive perl repo which is automtically updated.  He has now combined this with the AUR/[community] to provide over 100 perl pkgs he can easily provide more too.

He has apologised for basically muscling in on other peoples perl pkgs but because it was an automated process it would have been very hard for him to contact all you individually.

Here are links to the two posts he made to the TU list:

[tur-users] perl stuff
[tur-users] perl followup

#3 2007-05-18 19:05:23

STiAT

Re: [AUR] Packages orphaned?

I rather 'd have preferred if they actually were orphaned when i'm able to access them over community... and they still are not available....

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

Board footer