You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-20 23:25:43

HighD

How do I mount usbs and other partitions?

I have 2 other partitions, containing winxp and documents, one is ntfs, the other one fat32, how do I mount these partitions? How do I automount usb flash drives? I'm already part of the storage group. By the way...Im part of the audio, wheel, and storage group, what other groups exist? Is there anywhere I can get a detailed explanation?

Thanks for your answers smile

"...Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be..."
George Sheehan quotes (American physician, author and running enthusiast, 1918 - 1993)

#3 2007-05-21 04:26:09

syme

Re: How do I mount usbs and other partitions?

as far as mounting flashdrives goes firstly you will need a place to mount them like /mnt/flash or something so if you need to go ahead and

mkdir /mnt/flash

then it is usually as easy as typing

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash

which mounts sda1 (your flashdrive, unless you have serial ATA hard drives in which case just try sdb1 or sdc1 instead of sda1 and so on) to /mnt/flash
if you want it to automount you will need to edit your /etc/fstab and the above wiki should tell you all you need to know.

Don't fight it, it's gonna happen.

#4 2007-05-21 06:40:46

davin
Website

Re: How do I mount usbs and other partitions?

For auto mount modify your /etc/fstab file. You can enter partitions which you want mount every time arch boots.

Board footer