You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-24 03:06:07

ould

Trying to install AMSN-SVN from AUR, TLS troubles (Resolved)

Hi all,

I just finished attempting to get AMSN-SVN from AUR working correctly. I got it installed and running fine but when I go to sign in, it complains about a missing TLS package, which was expected from what I read in the wiki. However, AMSN for some reason is unable to download the TLS package due to an error with sourceforge. I manually entered the URL in my web browser and the file in question downloaded fine that way. I extracted the archive and in the AMSN preferences I directed it to look for TLS in the folder I extracted the archive too. In theory this should work fine but it did not and no matter where I put the TLS files or point AMSN too it simply won't work.

I also read about editing one of the TLS files but my file was correct already so it must have been fixed at some point. Anyone have any insight or tips for me? I am ready to pull my hair out. lol. I even tried installing Arch's TLS package but got no love from that either. If I can't get this to work I may have to go back to my Ubuntu install. Nooooo!! I love Arch too much.

tongue

Kevin

Last edited by ould (2007-05-25 13:08:05)

#2 2007-05-25 05:11:27

bampowwack

Re: Trying to install AMSN-SVN from AUR, TLS troubles (Resolved)

why are you installing svn and expecting no problems? try the repo's, and if you want antialiased fonts follow this wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ams … ased_fonts

"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed."

#3 2007-05-25 06:32:56

samlt

well, I just read the wiki, and it tells you have to download tls manually, but you don't have to...

amsn also asko for tls (which was already installed) until this modification is done

I know you said you already tried something similar, but I've done this few days ago, and I can't see why it wouldn't work for you...

Last edited by samlt (2007-05-25 06:33:32)

#4 2007-05-25 12:22:05

ould

bampowwack wrote:

why are you installing svn and expecting no problems? try the repo's, and if you want antialiased fonts follow this wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ams … ased_fonts

Well the someone in one of the forum posts suggested installing svn as it worked and looked better. I wasn't expecting having no problems but I wasn't expecting having one I couldn't fix by tinkering around. Oh well no worries I can go back to the stable version for the time being.:cool: I was just hoping someone may have run into something similar and fixed it already and could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kevin

#5 2007-05-25 12:25:33

ould

samlt wrote:

well, I just read the wiki, and it tells you have to download tls manually, but you don't have to...

amsn also asko for tls (which was already installed) until this modification is done

I know you said you already tried something similar, but I've done this few days ago, and I can't see why it wouldn't work for you...

Thanks for the suggestion samlt. I did try that as I too found some posts relaying the same info. My file already had the correct layout so it must have been fixed sometime recently. No biggie, I am using Mercury Messenger at the moment and it seems to be doing pretty much everything I need for now, just found out about it yesterday and there was a package in the AUR so I tried it out and it is working well at the moment.

Thanks,

Kevin

Board footer