You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-21 16:13:14

whol

How do you cut an paste shell errors in to a message?

I want to post some error messages I'm getting when I try to run xine and do a 'pacman -Syu', but the commands are different under linux.  Normall I use putty under Windoze, since the cut and paste works well.  But now, I don't have any Windoze machines anymore, so I have to make it work under linux. 

I'm using mozilla-firefox to post here, and I'm using both xterm and aterm as the command shells.  Under putty (a shell term for windoze), you could 'select all text' and then paste it into another windows app.  I know there is not so much app-2-app integration in the linux world, I'm running fluxbox-devel, heopfully I wont have to load something gnome or kde just to cut and paste between apps.

thx

#2 2004-03-21 17:17:02

robot5x

Re: How do you cut an paste shell errors in to a message?

I just use gpm daemon which allows basic cutting and pasting capabilities.
There's a pacman package, I start it in rc.local like this:
gpm -m /dev/misc/psaux -t imps2

#3 2004-03-21 17:42:13

whol

I never used that gpm daemon, because when i first started dabbling in linux (a few years ago), it would lock up my mouse in X11.  Does that still happen?  My mouse in /dev.psaux.

thx

#4 2004-03-21 17:43:13

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

In X, you don't need (or probably want) gpm.  Instead just select the text and middle click where you want it (if you only have two mouse buttons and have emulate 3 button mouse on, then you clik both buttons).  Tada, paste.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer