You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-29 00:50:16

marcos

KDE datetime inconsistence (solved)

Hello all,

i've recently installed arch and I've a problem with date and time in KDE. Whilst the time and date are OK in the panel clock and the system ($ date ;-) on KDE apps like kontact (kmail, korganize) the time is NOT OK, it appears as -2 hours compared to the correct date (I'm on Europe/Madrid TZ, so now is UTC+2). I have the TZ var set up as 'Europe/Madrid' (it sets up every boot via /etc/profile) and KDE is also configured as being in 'Europe/Madrid' timezone.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by marcos (2007-06-01 12:03:23)

#2 2007-05-30 03:32:45

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: KDE datetime inconsistence (solved)

Welcome to Arch.

I've had this problem for a while, and I solved it by changing from localtime to UTC in rc.conf (I left TIMEZONE to the correct values). Then changing the clock to UTC from the control center (not from the clock applet). And setting the clock to localtime from the clock applet.

KDE has some redundancies that like to interfere with itself. This seems to be one of them. Another good example is margins (at least in the past). There were two places that I know of that you could independently set margins, and they would add onto one another.

#3 2007-06-01 12:03:10

marcos

Re: KDE datetime inconsistence (solved)

Uhm... I had my TIMEZONE variable mispeled, it contained Madrid/Europe instead of Europe/Madrid :-)

Thanks for the tip anyway ;-)

Board footer