You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-11 20:02:28

tony5429

Rosegarden errors

I am running adour, jack, and rosegarden. after starting jack and ardour, i get these 3 errors when loading rosegarden...

System timer resolution is too low

Rosegarden was unable to find a high-resolution timing source for MIDI performance.

This may mean you are using a Linux system with the kernel timer resolution set too low. Please contact your Linux distributor for more information.

----

Sound server informational message:

Error while initializing the sound driver:

device: default can't be opened for playback (Device or resource busy)

The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

----

Project Packager not available

Rosegarden could not find one or more of the additional programs needed to support the Rosegarden Project Packager.

Export and import of Rosegarden Project files will not be available.

To fix this, you should install the following additional programs:

Perl module XML::Twig

Any suggestions?

#2 2007-07-16 08:10:19

tony5429

Re: Rosegarden errors

any ideas anyone? i now connect rosegarden with hydrogen through jack transport to ardour and make jack the time master. i find i can hear hydrogen's instruments but rosegarden's are always silent....

#3 2007-07-17 00:41:57

dunc

Re: Rosegarden errors

I usually just ignore the third message (check "Do not show this message again", or whatever it says). I assume there's a way of "packaging" Rosegarden projects in order to play them on other machines, or something like that. It might be worth investigating out of interest, but it certainly isn't related to your loss of sound.

You're getting the first one because the default Arch kernel is compiled with a 500hz timer, rather than 1000Hz. I use kernel26-viper, which has the right timings, but you could recompile the one you're using if you feel adventurous. (If you need a particular kernel patchset, this will be your only option.)

It's possible the sound driver error is related to this; here, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, until I got the kernel sorted out. But I know KDE's ARTS sound system clashes with Rosegarden (at least it did back when I used KDE), so if you're running KDE, try "killall artsd" at a shell before running Rosegarden. Or switch to Xfce. ;-)

Last edited by dunc (2007-07-17 17:29:02)

0 Ok, 0:1

Board footer