You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-15 15:40:29

ravisghosh
Website

fluxbox: Left mouse button does not work after editing keys file

After editing keys file in ~/.fluxbox or using fluxkeys to add/edit keys, left mouse button is not working in fluxbox. i am unable to left click and start any application from menu or left click on any web link. I have tried removing the keys file and it happens every time. At times, after editing using fluxkeys as soon as I save, the fluxkeys window closes on its and gives segmentation error after which keys file is blank and hence u cannot use any key or mouse button the next time you start fluxbox.

Also, I wanted mod4 (windows key) alone (without any other key) to be used for RootMenu and assigned it, but it does not work. Also, mod4 does not work with grave ` key.

How can we interchange the right and left mouse buttons. I use it with my left hand.

Last edited by ravisghosh (2007-06-17 09:32:03)

#2 2007-06-16 08:10:40

ravisghosh
Website

Re: fluxbox: Left mouse button does not work after editing keys file

This is really wierd. Left click is completely useless after editing fluxkeys and how can one live without customizing the keys!!!!

After few trials, I learned that if you edit ~/.fluxbox/keys file from within fluxbox either manually or using fluxkeys, left button of mouse is rendered useless. Is that a bug?

Last edited by ravisghosh (2007-06-16 08:51:29)

#3 2007-07-10 20:51:27

david_e

Same problem here too: I already had succesfully added some custom keys in my .fluxbox/keys a couple of months ago without any problem, now I have tried fluxkeys and left mouse key stopped working...

#4 2007-07-10 21:09:18

david_e

It seems to be a bug in fluxkeys. It's output files looks like this:

None Mouse1top :HideMenus
None Mouse2top :WorkspaceMenu
None Mouse3top :RootMenu
None Mouse4top :NextWorkspace
None Mouse5top :PrevWorkspace

But it should be modified into something like this:

OnDesktop Mouse1 :HideMenus
OnDesktop Mouse2 :WorkspaceMenu
OnDesktop Mouse3 :RootMenu
OnDesktop Mouse4 :NextWorkspace
OnDesktop Mouse5 :PrevWorkspace

After this fix everything is ok here.

#5 2008-04-13 19:27:52

philefou

Same problem here, it gets even worse when adding a ExecCommand shortcut the generate keys file is totally blank..

#6 2008-04-22 00:13:23

dkburrows

ravisghosh wrote:

After editing keys file in ~/.fluxbox or using fluxkeys to add/edit keys, left mouse button is not working in fluxbox. i am unable to left click and start any application from menu or left click on any web link. I have tried removing the keys file and it happens every time. At times, after editing using fluxkeys as soon as I save, the fluxkeys window closes on its and gives segmentation error after which keys file is blank and hence u cannot use any key or mouse button the next time you start fluxbox.

Also, I wanted mod4 (windows key) alone (without any other key) to be used for RootMenu and assigned it, but it does not work. Also, mod4 does not work with grave ` key.

How can we interchange the right and left mouse buttons. I use it with my left hand.

When I used fluxconf I had this same problem where the left key wouldn't work. Restarting X wouldn't fix it, but deleting .fluxbox/keys and restarting reset everything.

After that, using gvim I was able to change all Mod1 entries to Mod4, and added Mod4 grave :exec fbrun

Everything was fine for me after that, so I guess it's fluxconf?

#7 2008-04-22 02:45:38

exiguous

dkburrows wrote:

When I used fluxconf I had this same problem where the left key wouldn't work. Restarting X wouldn't fix it, but deleting .fluxbox/keys and restarting reset everything.

After that, using gvim I was able to change all Mod1 entries to Mod4, and added Mod4 grave :exec fbrun

Everything was fine for me after that, so I guess it's fluxconf?

Correct. fluxconf is buggy and not maintained anymore. Editing the config files by hand is the best way.

Board footer