You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-24 00:22:50

calvinthomas

Wireless working.... only as root (Solved)

Hi guys, I just installed arch and things are going suprisingly well! Whoever wrote that beginner's guide did a fantastic job! However I have one problem. I setup my wireless (via ndiswrapper) by logging in as root and working from there, I installed and use knetworkmanager as I need to use wpa and a couple of different locations and that seems the easiest way to go. Logged in as root it works perfect! If I login as root, and start it (click on the network in networkmanager) log out and in as a user it works fine (albeit without knetworkmanager working in there) however if I just login as a user (I put knetworkmanager in the kde autostart folder for the user) knetworkmanager finds no networks and I can't connect to the internet. How can I go about getting it to work for the user also? Any help much appreciated!

Calv

Last edited by calvinthomas (2007-06-25 14:36:26)

#2 2007-06-25 14:36:07

calvinthomas

Re: Wireless working.... only as root (Solved)

Solved, just needed to add the user to the network group and then it worked!

Calv

#3 2010-06-04 07:25:48

trusktr
Banned
Website

Re: Wireless working.... only as root (Solved)

I'm having a similar problem. It is working for me only on root with secured wireless connections. Oddly, I can connect to unsecured networks with a standard user. But if I try to connect to a network with a WEP key, no luck! It just reloads the WEP key screen over and over.

joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.

Board footer