You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-24 11:51:15

antonik

How to save streams with amarok?

Hi!

When listening to internet radio I can rightlick on the stream then Manage files and then "Copy track to location..." but it doesnt work it says "The following file [filename] could not be organized."

Is there any other way to do it?

#2 2007-06-25 17:17:13

smurnjiff

Re: How to save streams with amarok?

Are you talking about saving the audio content or the stream location?

You can use VLC and Amarok to record the audio content of a stream.

1.  Right click on the stream in Amarok and click Copy Tags to Clipboard.
2.  Paste this somewhere and extract the URL from it.  For example http://12.345.67.89:12/stream/1111
3.  Open up VLC and go to File --> Open Network Stream
4.  Paste the stream in the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS URL textbox.
5.  In the Advanced Options section below, check Stream/Save and click Settings
6.  In the Outputs section, check File and enter a filename for the recorded stream
7.  Check Dump raw input because the stream is already in an mp3 format.
8.  Now you can open up the file you saved in Amarok

If you were referring to saving the stream location, it is the URL extracted in Step 2.

This works with Amarok 1.4.5 and VLC 0.8.6b.

#3 2007-06-25 21:12:48

antonik

Cool thanks!

I wanted to save the audio content... hm, thought amarok had it built in and would use the name provided with the stream for a filename and also be able to differentiate between different songs as this stream I am listening to provides that information...

Would be cool with a feauture where amarok saves all the songs automagically wink

#4 2007-06-25 21:25:51

raymano
Website

A better way would be to use the streamripper plugin that you can get and install in Amarok from Tools->Script Manager, click on "Get more scripts" and look for and install the streamripper plugin. This will have the advantage of saving individual songs to individual mp3s with names based on the stream live information. You will also need to install streamripper from the extra repo.

Last edited by raymano (2007-06-25 21:26:55)

FaunOS: Live USB/DVD Linux Distro: http://www.faunos.com

#5 2007-06-25 23:00:12

antonik

raymano wrote:

A better way would be to use the streamripper plugin that you can get and install in Amarok from Tools->Script Manager, click on "Get more scripts" and look for and install the streamripper plugin. This will have the advantage of saving individual songs to individual mp3s with names based on the stream live information. You will also need to install streamripper from the extra repo.

Wow! This is what I wanted, really cool cool

Thanks!

Board footer