You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-26 04:14:54

Kaeso

BCM4318: ndiswrapper claims to be using blacklisted module

Hello.  I'm completely new to Arch and have been trying to set-up my horrible BCM4318 wireless with ndiswrapper (the included bcm43xx drivers don't support this particular card).  It seems to work somewhat, for instance, I can successfully scan for networks.  However, I cannot get it to actually connect to my router.  'ndiswrapper -l' tells me that the driver is loaded and hardware present, but the alternate bcm43xx driver is being used.  This would seem to explain my problem connecting (according to the ndiswrapper troubleshooting page: http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joom … shooting/).  However, I have blacklisted this bcm43xx module already, and 'lsmod' shows that it is not loaded.  I cannot use 'rmmod' to remove it, because it isn't really loaded.  Does anyone know why ndiswrapper thinks I have this driver loaded, and how I can get ndiswrapper to actually work?  I have tried several different drivers for ndiswrapper, including a set which previously worked fine under Debian, and they all fail for the same reason.  My kernel version is 2.6.21-ARCH, on x86_64.  ndiswrapper is version 1.43, ndiswrapper-utils is version 1.9 (these are all the default latest versions from my installation of Arch today).

Except for this problem, I really like Arch so far, so I hope that this will be resolved!

"Je suis venu au monde très jeune dans un temps très vieux."  --Erik Satie

Board footer