You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-28 15:11:01

dh_swing

Xbmc

Has anyone successfully built/run this on arch? Got it to build with some modification to the Makefile, but fails running with an X related error.

This project is really looking interesting, and it would be GREAT to have a svn-based package while the port takes place.

Links:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/sh … hp?t=27007
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/ind … rt_project

Do it, do it!

#2 2007-11-12 08:48:22

Spider.007

Re: Xbmc

I have been working on this; major problem so far is getting it to find UCS2 Unicode support in python. I recompiled both python and python24 with --enable-unicode=ucs2; but that didn't help much. I will post it on AUR when I have this solved.

xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/pyutil.o: In function `PyGetUnicodeString':
/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/pyutil.cpp:28: undefined reference to `PyUnicodeUCS2_AsUnicode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Last edited by Spider.007 (2007-11-12 08:50:45)

#3 2007-11-14 23:32:04

Fackamato

Yeah this would be awesome! I've XBMC on my Xbox and it's great, best interface ever. smile

#4 2007-11-15 00:13:16

SiD

Fackamato wrote:

I've XBMC on my Xbox and it's great, best interface ever. smile

I totally agree! :-)

#5 2007-11-15 00:53:00

Fackamato

After some symlinking and file hacking I am stuck on this:

g++ -c -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -I. -I../ -I../linux -I../../guilib EncoderWav.cpp -o EncoderWav.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/cdrip'
make XboxMediaCenter
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC'
g++ -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o XboxMediaCenter xbmc/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o guilib/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o guilib/common/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/libspucc/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAheadD-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a -lrt -lasound -lsqlite3 -lsmbclient -llzo -lfribidi -lfreetype -ldl -lcdio -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lXinerama -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -rdynamic
guilib/TextureBundle.o: In function `CTextureBundle::OpenBundle()':
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/guilib/TextureBundle.cpp:275: undefined reference to `__lzo_init_v2'
xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPython.o: In function `XBPython::InitializeInterpreter()':
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPython.cpp:194: undefined reference to `PyRun_SimpleStringFlags'
xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPyThread.o: In function `XBPyThread::Process()':
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPyThread.cpp:153: undefined reference to `PyRun_SimpleFileExFlags'
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPyThread.cpp:166: undefined reference to `PyRun_SimpleStringFlags'
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/XBPyThread.cpp:185: undefined reference to `PyRun_SimpleStringFlags'
xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/pyutil.o: In function `PyGetUnicodeString':
/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/pyutil.cpp:28: undefined reference to `PyUnicodeUCS2_AsUnicode'
collect2: ld returnerade avslutningsstatus 1
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Fel 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fackamato/Hämtat/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Fel 2

Seems like me and Spider.007 are on the same issue..

#6 2007-11-15 15:03:09

SiD

I would like to work on this, too.
Could you (Spider, Kackamato) post your PKGBUILDs, please?

Last edited by SiD (2007-11-15 15:06:00)

#7 2007-11-15 15:15:30

Fackamato

I haven't written a PKGBUILD,  yet. But I guess it would be quite simple... Just grab XBMC from the CVS, sed all lines containing python2.4 to python2.5 (there will be more python 2.4-related paths hardcoded though, you'll have to find them somehow), then run ./configure then make..

#8 2007-11-29 14:47:25

Zeqadious
Website

I wrote a PKGBUILD and it compiles smooth every time.  However as yet, XboxMediaCenter still segfaults on an invalid pointer.  My guess is the glibc.  Ubuntu is still at 2.5 i do believe and that is the platform they are developing on.

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day"

#9 2008-01-03 14:54:02

JaQoB

Zeqadious wrote:

I wrote a PKGBUILD and it compiles smooth every time.  However as yet, XboxMediaCenter still segfaults on an invalid pointer.  My guess is the glibc.  Ubuntu is still at 2.5 i do believe and that is the platform they are developing on.

Care to share?
What changes has to be made to make it compile?

Edit: Got it to compile by changing in the source-code...
Edit2: No, i didnt...

Last edited by JaQoB (2008-01-03 16:41:25)

#10 2008-01-03 17:40:06

Purch

Sweet! I cant wait to get a working PKGBUILD for xbmc. big_smile

#11 2008-01-03 21:09:26

Zeqadious
Website

You can find my PKGBUILD for xbmc here:
http://zeqadious.homelinux.net/arch-linux/xbmc-svn/

You will also need a new sqlite3 I have PKGBUILD for here:
http://zeqadious.homelinux.net/arch-lin … u-sqlite3/

Builds and runs.
Known Problems include, ATI Green screen playback, and libmms problems.  Remove libmms prior to building to save on problems.

Zeq

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day"

#12 2008-01-04 00:20:48

JaQoB

Thanks alot smile
Edit:
Big problems with alsa and segfaults...

Last edited by JaQoB (2008-01-05 00:41:02)

#13 2008-01-06 11:27:03

Purch

Audio works nice, but some video files take ages to open and some just start asap. So far I cannot say which type of video files do this.

In the xbmc forums there was about libmms. I tried libmms 0.4 but xbmc did not compile. Has anyone tried this?

#14 2008-01-07 14:48:38

Zeqadious
Website

XBMC for linux is not even alpha yet.  Please remember this and keep an open mind (read there WILL be problems).

You can compile with libmms 0.4 if you comment out the problematic information in the headers in question. ( don't remember which lines. )

Zeq

#15 2008-01-11 15:58:00

Nexx

Thanks for your effort into making this work Zeqadious.

I've been a longtime fan of XBMC and still have it on my original xbox, it's one of the best open source media centers out there, at least imo.

I downloaded your xbmc-svn and ubuntu-sqlite3 packages, installed them along with the other deps but upon trying to run xbmc the first time I received the following error:

/opt/xbmc/XboxMediaCenter: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The libGL package conflicts with the nvidia drivers I'm using as they provide their own libGL. The problem was fixed simply by creating a symlink from libGL.so.169.07 to libGL.so.1.2.

ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.169.07 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

xbmc fired right up and worked with my remote straight away, performance seems good, better than the xbox (the linux port it can handle HD video, unlike the xbox).

Good work!
All the best,
Nexx

Addition:
I've modified the xbmc.exec script to prevent running 2 copies of xbmc. I'm using irexec to launch xbmc using the Home button on my remote and the very same button has a use inside the application, meaning that whenever I hit the home button inside xbmc and then closed it, it would relaunch as soon as it exited. I couldn't find a way to make irexec ignore the button press when xbmc was running so this may be an un-needed solution but it works for me ^u^

# are we already running xbmc?
if [ ! -z `pidof ${XBMC_HOME}/XboxMediaCenter` ]; then
        echo "XboxMediaCenter already running!"
        exit
fi

Add that immediately after the following line:

#  simple script by Zeqadious

Last edited by Nexx (2008-01-11 16:37:32)

#16 2008-02-09 14:20:24

bb10

Zeqadious wrote:

You will also need a new sqlite3 I have PKGBUILD for here:
http://zeqadious.homelinux.net/arch-lin … u-sqlite3/

It won't work with the sqlite3 version in the repo?

EDIT: The md5 sum of xbmc.exec in the PKGBUILD seems to be wrong.
EDIT2: Thanks, its working now big_smile

Last edited by bb10 (2008-02-29 13:11:20)

#17 2008-03-22 15:32:24

Izuil

If you get it to compile, build and install nicely then somebody might wanna add this to the aur?

#18 2008-05-19 08:23:01

loosec

This is awesome, I love it! Zed, nice job on the packages, you really should consider adding it to AUR.
Edit: Or atleast make a wiki-page. smile

Last edited by loosec (2008-05-19 08:31:05)

#19 2008-05-25 23:30:04

bb10

loosec wrote:

This is awesome, I love it! Zed, nice job on the packages, you really should consider adding it to AUR.
Edit: Or atleast make a wiki-page. smile

+1

Would like to add that it's officially renamed to "XBMC (for linux/windows/OSX)", "Xbox Media Center" is not used anymore.

EDIT: and that a xbmc.desktop file is provided now as you can see here: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ … hrev=13231

Last edited by bb10 (2008-05-25 23:35:41)

#20 2008-05-27 19:20:43

Zeqadious
Website

Thanks bb10 for pointing out that .desktop file.  I've been waiting to see when they would add it smile.  Guess i'll tweak just a bit more.  You'll notice that you don't need that ubuntu-sqlite package anymore just to point out one little change.

I've also had major problems with the Python part of XBMC.  If python24 is recompiled and the UC2 is used I can compile XBMC cleanly against it, however XBMC will crash immediately upon initializing the python library generated from compile.  Right now I leave it broken so that the python is never initialized and used.  Some time when I have more free time I'll bring up the problem with the devs and see if anyone won't throw stuff at me for not using Ubuntu wink

Zeq

PS: I don't like the guidelines for AUR, so I don't plan to put this in AUR at this time.  If you look at my PKGBUILD you can probably tell I'm a bit 'anal' about my PKGBUILD's and what I think they should look like; most of which is in violation of AUR guidelines.  I may still decide to put the PKGBUILD up in AUR when XBMC becomes stable (as in 2.1 Final).

Last edited by Zeqadious (2008-05-27 19:33:50)

#21 2008-05-27 19:57:46

bb10

Zeqadious wrote:

Thanks bb10 for pointing out that .desktop file.  I've been waiting to see when they would add it smile.  Guess i'll tweak just a bit more.  You'll notice that you don't need that ubuntu-sqlite package anymore just to point out one little change.

np smile I'm just glad that i can use it on my fav distro because of you smile

Zeqadious wrote:

I've also had major problems with the Python part of XBMC.  If python24 is recompiled and the UC2 is used I can compile XBMC cleanly against it, however XBMC will crash immediately upon initializing the python library generated from compile.  Right now I leave it broken so that the python is never initialized and used.  Some time when I have more free time I'll bring up the problem with the devs and see if anyone won't throw stuff at me for not using Ubuntu wink

lol, i hope they don't tongue

EDIT: btw the url is http://xbmc.org/ smile

Last edited by bb10 (2008-05-27 20:20:21)

#22 2008-05-28 16:28:57

Zeqadious
Website

Well I've tried to entice the devs or other end-users to look into our problem with Python, but I've been met with crickets. http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33599  Oh well.  I'll keep trying smile

BTW: the latest build i made this morning 13277 is a big jump in how XBMC works.  Instead of being installed en-masse in /opt/xbmc, it finally can be split up nicely.  I've had no issues yet and I was able to get rid of all the 'hacks'.  Now when you run xbmc, you will create your own local profile in ~/.xbmc where you can put skins, and your userdata will be stored there too.  No more Hacks! Yay!  They also seem to have done away with/hidden the Programs menu item on PM3 so its much more Linux friendly.  You can also check out the Aeon skin from my repo too if your so inclined.  Its pretty impressive for being Alpha.

Have fun,
Zeq

#23 2008-05-29 18:01:52

Zeqadious
Website

Sucess.  The latest build 13307 has a working Python backend built into it.   I think that was the last outstanding issue I had with XBMC.  So Huzzah!  Have fun!

EDIT: You still need python24 installed to handle actual python scripts in xbmc... but at least they will work now.

Zeq

Last edited by Zeqadious (2008-05-29 19:17:12)

#24 2008-05-30 20:50:52

bb10

Zeqadious wrote:

Sucess.  The latest build 13307 has a working Python backend built into it.   I think that was the last outstanding issue I had with XBMC.  So Huzzah!  Have fun!

EDIT: You still need python24 installed to handle actual python scripts in xbmc... but at least they will work now.

Zeq

Yaay! Thanks for the heads up and the new PKGBUILD. smile

Maybe I'm a bit nitpicking, but could you change "Checking out Xbox Media Center for Linux ... Please be Patient..." to "Checking out XBMC for Linux ... Please be Patient..."? tongue

Thanks again! smile

//EDIT

UPDATE: Aeon skin webpage moved to www.aeoncentral.com

Last edited by bb10 (2008-05-30 20:51:19)

#25 2008-06-03 09:34:02

Purch

The xbmc-svn works really nicely. Have to get new a gpu to get faster drawing as this GF2 MX is too slow for smooth graphics smile

One that is not working is Matrix screensaver even its files are in the package. Maybe there is a known bug/reason why it does not work?

$ pql xbmc-svn | grep -i matrix
xbmc-svn /usr/share/xbmc/screensavers/MatrixTrails.tga
xbmc-svn /usr/share/xbmc/screensavers/MatrixTrails.xbs
xbmc-svn /usr/share/xbmc/screensavers/MatrixTrails.xml

Edit: latest ([2008-06-03 12:32] upgraded xbmc-svn (13307-1 -> 13371-1) does not show any video files. Mkv files crash xbmc. Audio works on XviX.

Last edited by Purch (2008-06-03 09:45:45)

Board footer