You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-02 21:37:28

sykonux
Website

[request] atunes

Could somebody be so kind as to make a package for aTunes 1.6.4 (http://www.atunes.org)?

I've been trying to make it myself, but that's not going very well at all.

Thanks!

#2 2007-07-03 15:58:28

Borosai

Re: [request] atunes

I decided to post the PKGBUILD here first, just to make sure it works properly before uploading it to the AUR. I installed it, and everything looks fine, but I receive the following message when I run atunes:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sourceforge/atunes/Main

So it doesn't run. sad  I'm not familiar with Java at all, so it may be something simple. Maybe someone else will know... that's why I will wait to AUR this thing. If you figure anything out, please let me know.

# Contributor: Ricky Cintron (borosai) <borosai at gmail dot com>
pkgname=atunes
pkgver=1.6.4
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A full-featured audio player and manager developed in Java"
url="http://www.atunes.org/"
license=('GPL')
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
depends=('jre' 'mplayer' 'cdrkit' 'lame' 'vorbis-tools')
source=('http://downloads.sourceforge.net/atunes/aTunes_1.6.4.tgz')
md5sums=('350287a8ea8f2bc425b2240f819587a3')

build() {
    # Remove unwanted directories and files which are
    # only necessary for a Windows installation
    cd ${startdir}/src/aTunes
    rm -rf win_tools/
    rm -f lib/jdic.dll lib/jdic_stub_win.jar lib/tray.dll
    rm -f aTunes.exe tray.dll

# Edit aTunes.sh to point to correct java location,
    # /opt/java/jre/bin/java
    sed 's/^java/\/opt\/java\/jre\/bin\/java/'  ${startdir}/src/aTunes/aTunes.sh

# Make destination directories
    mkdir -p ${startdir}/pkg/{usr/bin,opt}

# Recursively copy the aTunes folder to /opt, make aTunes.sh
    # executable, and create a symlink to /usr/bin/atunes
    cp -R ${startdir}/src/aTunes/ ${startdir}/pkg/opt/
    chmod 755 ${startdir}/pkg/opt/aTunes/aTunes.sh
    ln -sf /opt/aTunes/aTunes.sh ${startdir}/pkg/usr/bin/atunes
}

#3 2007-07-03 17:25:16

Borosai

Well, I found the problem, and I am working on it. As soon as it's resolved, I will upload to AUR.

#4 2007-07-03 21:23:43

Borosai

And it's finally done. There were two problems before, but the symlink was causing the one I experienced, so I did away with it (well, at least it's initial location). Take a look at the PKGBUILD to see what goes where, and let me know if anything causes problems.

I ran atunes to test it, and the GUI was misbehaving badly... it was literally shaky, sliding the internal panels from side to side. I'm not sure why it does that, but it sucks. Let me know how it goes.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … 1&ID=11907

#5 2007-07-03 22:02:26

sykonux
Website

Thanks a ton! I ran into similar problems, but I had several others that I couldn't figure out while trying to make my own pkgbuild.

I'll post again when I get a chance to play with it and see if I have those gui issues.

Thanks again!

#6 2007-07-03 22:57:21

sykonux
Website

After playing with it a bit, I discovered that I get the same GUI problems, I guess aTunes is just buggy like that or something. I get around it by holding alt when moving the window around. I use xfce, so I don't know if you can do that with all WMs/DEs. I don't seem to have a problem resizing the window though.

Also, I don't know how to tell it which sound card to use. I have one onboard sound card and a usb headset, I prefer to play music through the headset, so if you know how to solve that, please let me know.

Other than that I'm happy with it, the installation went fine and everything.

I wouldn't mind having a menu entry for it, maybe you can include that some time.

#7 2007-07-03 23:57:29

Borosai

I don't actually plan on using it, so I didn't leave it installed... I just wanted to make sure it worked. smile So I can't help with problem-solving... sorry, but you should take a look at the forums on the official site. They don't seem to be extremely active, but you may find more help there.

As far as the menu entry goes, I will look into it, but no promises smile. There is also an .ico file in /opt/aTunes/ that can be used to create usable icons for themes.

I'm still wondering if atunes actually works. You wrote that the GUI is borked out, but does it go away after you move the window? I just want to be sure. And how's the playback and quality? I assume it's a young project, so it will improve.

#8 2007-07-04 04:55:01

sykonux
Website

After moving the window and resizing to where I want I don't have any problems with it. Sound quality is not too shabby. It does it's job so far of letting me manage my music with ratings and smart playlists.

I need to mess with it some more, but I do like it better than exaile. A lot of people say to use amarok, but I'm not really interested in installing everything that comes with it.

That is all I can say about it right now. If I develop a different opinion about it I'll post again.

Board footer