You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-04 17:23:30

miggols99

Pacman not downloading!

My internet works fine, but pacman won't download anything! I haven't done anything recently that should have done anything to it... what's happened to it?

#2 2007-07-04 18:02:05

tom5760
Website

Re: Pacman not downloading!

What mirror are you using?  Check /etc/pacman.d/*

Check this out: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mirrors

#3 2007-07-04 18:57:18

miggols99

Erm... none of the mirrors are working sad

#4 2007-07-04 20:26:28

CavalierBob

Run a 'pacman -Syu' as root and post the output. That might give us some clues.

Bob

#5 2007-07-07 06:24:02

azwethinkweiz

Im having this issue after a fresh install and everyone seems to be puzzled by it.  The out put I get from pacman -Syu goes something like this

error: failed retireving file 'current.db.tar.gz' from: I get one of these for each mirror...then finally this mesage...

error: failed retireving file 'current.db.tar.gz' from: No such file or directory
error: failed to syncronize current: No such file or directory
error: failed to syncronize any databases

If I run pacman -S gnome it comes up with only icon themes and what not for a total package size of around 3mb...which is definately not all of gnome.
pacman -S gnome-extras sends back gnome-extras not found in sync db
pacman -S xorg comes back with a package size of about 22mb which may or may not be about right Im not sure

It also seems to happen with community, I dont seem to be seeing any errors for the extra repo. ALL servers are uncommented in /etc/pacman.d/current...and also communtiy and extra. I didnt open up testing or unstable in pacman.conf at first because they shouldnt be needed at install, although I like to open them after my install usually. But I DID eventually try doing so which made no differance. My 'interfaces' in rc.conf are configured correctly as well as my nameservers in resolv.conf. The iso I am using I know for a fact to be good because I have installed Arch from the very same disc before. I did try downloading and burning again, although it seemed pointless but to no suprise it made no differance. It's been a while since Ive done a fresh Arch install and Ive only done it twice before this with help from a friend so there is a possibility I am missing something but I have no clue what it could be. I have posted several threads in on the Arch forums and also looked for help on #archlinux on IRC and no one seems to know. For the time being Imstuck on Ubuntu because this is my only machine and I would really like to get Arch back on here. I tried Ubuntu off a friends suggestion and its a good distro but I just cant live without pacman hehe. So if anyone knows what the issue may be all help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Oh heres the thing that puzzles me  'current.db.tar.gz' from: No ssuch file or directory as you read above suggests that it does not exist on my machine...which i dont understand at all. And using ping the only thing I am able to get responses from is 192.168.0.1 (my router) I also tried 4.2.2.2 and google .com and got nothing...which tells me there is an internet issue somehow. But Im online with the same machine and same net connection right now...so perhps its something misconfigured?? But everything in rc.conf and resolv.conf is configured as I have always used it before on Arch

Last edited by azwethinkweiz (2007-07-07 06:27:13)

"The hardest thing is rendering a moment moving to fast to endure"

Board footer