You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-10 01:19:13

pelle.k

mp3 profiles in sound juicer now works!

In case someone else than me ripped their hair off in frustration, i just thought i'd tell you that you can have the mp3 profiles in sound-juicer to show up, _if_ you install gstreamer0.10-lame and gstreamer0.10-taglib. Sometimes i wish pacman had optional dependencies...
Maybe a group should be created to assist in cases like these? sound-juicer-mp3 or sound-juicer-extras doesn't sound too bad.

Either way, i took this opportunity (something i should have done a long time ago...) to create a wiki account and add this tip to this article; http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome_Tips
If you have some tip you know could be very useful (hey, it might just save someones crappy day you know...) get your lazy ass to the arch wiki and create an account like i did!

Good day smile

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#2 2007-07-11 01:26:18

Jedi Stannis

Re: mp3 profiles in sound juicer now works!

Thanks, I was wondering why the mp3 profile is present and checked active but not showing up.  A quick search on these forums never fails...  I should remember that any gnome multimedia problem is probably a missing gstreamer plugin

#3 2008-01-03 04:23:54

ssjlegendx
Website

Re: mp3 profiles in sound juicer now works!

I know that this comment is quite belated, but thank you for posting your find! I have spent the past several hours attempting to solve this very issue!

#!/vim/rocks

Board footer