You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-10 20:58:23

WernerL

KDE + beryl, taskbar and pager problem

Hello,

I installed beryl today and it works perfect. But I have some problems. The pager doesn't work, He only shows a thumbnail in the first desktop pager. With desktop 2, 3 and 4 he doesn't do anything with anymore. sad

And in the taskbar it showed al programs from al desktops, but that's fixed with taskbar-compiz. :-) I have found a kicker-compiz too but I can't compile it,

It says:

/home/werner/Desktop/kicker-compiz-3.5.4/admin/missing: line 52: automake-1.9: command not found
WARNING: `automake-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.

And automake and perl are installed ! BUt I have automake1.10..  So how Can I install the  kicker-compiz?

#2 2007-07-11 01:08:35

Millzee

Re: KDE + beryl, taskbar and pager problem

Have you tried the kicker-compiz in the AUR? I'm wondering if you'd get the same problems with that.

It's at: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … =1&ID=6903

Hope that helps,
Rob.

Last edited by Millzee (2007-07-11 01:13:27)

Arch64 and KDE 4.1.3 on an AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-core:
8 Gb RAM, 1 Tb HDD, GeForce 9800 GTX+

#3 2007-07-11 10:48:04

WernerL

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I install a PKGBUILD file? :-)

#4 2007-07-11 12:56:58

pelle.k

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg
Check out "Building a Package"...

Remeber, use the wiki and search the forums. Ask when you get stuck.

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#5 2007-07-11 15:24:19

Ryujin
Forum Fellow
Website

That is a great wiki article, but it does go over the abs, when I first tried to install from the AUR I thought I needed to sync the abs tree, only to latter learn that I was sorely mistaken, just look up the package online in the aur, download the tarball, untar it, cd into the new directory and run makepkg, this makes a package, then just install it with pacman -U packagename.

I hope that helps if you run into any confusion, once you feel comfortable with building packages you could try out aurbuild which installs from the aur for you .  (dtw is going to get after me if I don't mention that aurbuild is not supported and should be used responsibly)

#6 2007-07-11 15:32:33

pelle.k

That is why i told WernerL to check out "Building a package". This chapter covers, just that.

To build a package you either need to create one as described at The_Arch_package_making_HOW-TO_-_with_guidelines, or obtain one from AUR or ABS or some other source.

But i agree. This can be confusing at first. Maybe that wiki page should be edited to clearly explain the differences between AUR and ABS, and how PKGBUILDS fit in this picture..? Or is there a demand for a newbie guide?

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#7 2007-07-14 17:38:30

WernerL

Ryujin wrote:

That is a great wiki article, but it does go over the abs, when I first tried to install from the AUR I thought I needed to sync the abs tree, only to latter learn that I was sorely mistaken, just look up the package online in the aur, download the tarball, untar it, cd into the new directory and run makepkg, this makes a package, then just install it with pacman -U packagename.

I hope that helps if you run into any confusion, once you feel comfortable with building packages you could try out aurbuild which installs from the aur for you .  (dtw is going to get after me if I don't mention that aurbuild is not supported and should be used responsibly)

Ok thanks, It's just I know it in the future. big_smile
But beryl gave a lot of trouble on my computer for some reason so I deleted it. :-)

Board footer