You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-16 23:41:45

Davigetto

Will Virtualbox-ose have USB support any day?

Hello, well, I am a free software adept, and well, I want to know if virtualbox-ose is planned to have USB support any day.

Greetings.

Only deaths can see the end of battles.

Blog: http://djmartinez.co.cc -> The life of a Computer Engineer

#2 2007-07-17 06:34:05

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Will Virtualbox-ose have USB support any day?

It might or it might not, but either way, I'd suggest asking them. The only way you'll get a useful answer here is if a vbox dev drops in. smile

#3 2007-07-17 07:31:11

Flying Saxman

As far as I know, it is planned that the binary-version-features should get included in the OSE-version step by step. The binary-version will always contain more features than the OSE-version, but after a time these features should be contained in the OSE-version, too. I heard that USB-support and shared-folders shall be included the next time in the OSE (probably not in the next version but in the near future). Hope that helped you.

#4 2007-07-17 23:35:29

cromo

I spoke to vbox devs about this issue some time ago. The reason for which some of the features are still not implemented is related to the properitary pieces of software, mainly using MS patents AFIR. However eventually all the features should be integrated in OSE-version, so basically I can confirm what Saxman said smile

Board footer