You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-22 21:15:23

lucas3175

Error resolving dependencies using my local repository.

Hi, after some failed attempts i managed to use repo-add and created my local repositoy. I created the file localrepo.db.tar.gz and added the entry in the pacman.conf file. I didn't have any trouble when i updated the pacman database with "pacman -Sy", but when i try to install a package from my repository it tells me that it depends on other packages that are not in my repository, which they are, i checked. I used "pacman -Sy package" and "pacman -A package.tar.gz" and it's always the same, pacman can't resolve the dependencies, as if the other packages weren't there. I must be making a silly mistake but i can't see it, any help would be appreciated.

#2 2007-07-23 13:28:36

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Error resolving dependencies using my local repository.

When synching from repos, even your local repo, use pacman -S package_name.  pacman -A is only for installing "raw" package files.

ie.  If you had the package "bob" in your local repo, you'd use

pacman -S bob

not

pacman -A bob.pkg.tar.gz

Last edited by Cerebral (2007-07-23 13:29:24)

#3 2007-07-23 21:51:52

lucas3175

Thanks for the reply but i've tried all the different options and i keep getting the same error, for example if i try to install pacman from my repo i see:

warning: current locale is invalid; using default "C" locale
loading package data... done.
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: pacman: requires fakeroot
:: pacman: requires libarchive>=2.2.3
:: pacman: requires libdownload

And i have all those 3 packages, i've checked several times. I have very similar errors trying to install other packages. Pacman doesn't see them and i don't know why...

#4 2007-07-23 22:12:53

tomk
Forum Fellow

Check localrepo.db.tar.gz and make sure all the packages have been added.

#5 2007-07-23 22:21:40

pwt

In your example, are fakeroot, libarchive and libdownload supposed to be in your local repo or in the official ones?

If they are in your local repo, try put the local repo entry in pacman.conf before the official repos entries (as suggested successfully for me by tomk in another post).

#6 2007-07-23 22:40:50

lucas3175

Thanks for the tips! I managed to install a lot of my packages!! I'll continue to practise with pacman, this package manager is a lot harder than the game!!! smile

Board footer