You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-22 23:46:00

ChrisX

omnicppcomplete

Hello all.  I heard that vi (vim) has a plugin called omnicppcomplete for C++ code completion.  I found this article: http://manish-chaks.livejournal.com/73608.htmlonline, and followed it exactly (except for replacing his qt3 directory with /opt/qt/include).  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.  I keep getting 'pattern not found' messages when I type ctrl+x ctrl+o.  It isn't even working part of the time for me.  I get nothing but 'pattern not found'.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Chris

#2 2007-07-23 19:59:42

jordi
Website

Re: omnicppcomplete

There is a package in extra:
extra/vim-omnicppcomplete

and i got something like

map <F12> :!ctags -R --c++-kinds=+p --fields=+iaS --extra=+q .<CR>

in my .vimrc, afaik that was for omnicppcomplete.

#3 2007-09-05 08:12:28

Husio
Website

I've done everything like in HOWTO, and after creating tags file, I'm typing:
#include <iostre
, then C^x, C^o and I'm getting error:
~                                                                                                             
Error detected while processing function omni#cpp#complete#Main..omni#cpp#namespaces#GetContexts..omni#cpp#nam
espaces#GetUsingNamespaces..omni#cpp#namespaces#GetListFromCurrentBuffer..<SNR>46_GetAllUsingNamespaceMapFromC
urrentBuffer:
line    7:
E713: Cannot use empty key for Dictionary
Press ENTER or type command to continue

What's wrong?

#4 2007-09-08 16:48:58

jinn

I am also confused.. I get the same error for c files.. but I havent generated any ctags yet, but then again I shouldnt need to generate the ctags when trying to complete as in the example husio wrote:
#include <iostre                  should show a list of headers that are c/c++ standard library, not headers that I have created, then it would require ctags.. I guess. Or when trying to use a function from the standard library such as :
printf(

why dont I have to generate any tags for html and it automatically works when ctrl-x crtl-o ?

The ultimate Archlinux release name: "I am your father"

Board footer