You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-24 17:35:12

leo2501

[SOLVED] pacman installed from source can't pacman -Sy pacman

hi everybody! in my current arch install i have a few problems with permissions for using sudo on X apps like tuxcmd, that change permission to .ICEauthority to root and cant login to X as user, blabla...
that was solved but when i try to use pacman from a term, it says ::synchronizing package database... and do nothing... so i decide to do a pacman -R pacman... later i download the sources and make a ./configure, make, make install and have my pacman again... but when i try to make "pacman -Sy pacman" it says that the config files like the repos in etc/pacman.d/ exist and cant install...
i dont know whats wrong...
thank U!

Last edited by leo2501 (2007-07-25 14:59:47)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#2 2007-07-24 19:02:20

IsSuE

Re: [SOLVED] pacman installed from source can't pacman -Sy pacman

pacman -Syf pacman should help

#3 2007-07-25 14:58:11

leo2501

Re: [SOLVED] pacman installed from source can't pacman -Sy pacman

THANX! its amazing... im a month or so with my loved arch now... and every problem i encounter, first, its an amazing knowledge i gain, and second when i solve it, i not only solve that first thing but usually other things in the knowledge-gain way...

long life and prosper to our beloved arch... tongue

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer