You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-28 08:48:55

sven
Member
Registered: 2005-02-01
Posts: 311

problems with curlftpfs - can't save edited files

After for some time using gnomevfs I decided to try curlftpfs so that I could use vi editor to edit files on an ftp server. I did connect like this:

curlftpfs theftpsite.com /home/sven/mnt/work -o user='sven@theftpsite.com:pass'

and at first it seemed like things went fine (viewing files, traversing ftp path) but then when I opened a text file in an editor and edited it, I got this error: "Transport endpoint is not connected". Also the mounted dir got unmounted - or so it seemed as I could not browse the files anymore, all I got was that error message. After I did "fusermount -u /home/sven/mnt/work" I could remount the ftp site again to make the files visible.

What could be done to make curlftps work right?

Last edited by sven (2007-08-19 05:57:21)

Offline

#2 2007-08-19 05:56:57

sven
Member
Registered: 2005-02-01
Posts: 311

Re: problems with curlftpfs - can't save edited files

Now I tried to use fuseftp to see if the same problem appears there, too - and it does! I mounted and ftp server, edited a file using vim and then got message in vim that backup file can't be saved. Then at the same time again the mounted ftp directory stopped responding to ls-command and seemed empty. 'fusermount -u thedir' gave this error message: 'fusermount: failed to unmount /home/sven/projects/work: Device or resource busy'

Last edited by sven (2007-08-19 16:48:11)

Offline

#3 2017-11-06 20:05:18

nesk
Member
Registered: 2011-03-31
Posts: 187

Re: problems with curlftpfs - can't save edited files

Old thread, but have you found a solution? I started to get this recently.

Offline

#4 2017-11-06 20:21:05

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: problems with curlftpfs - can't save edited files

Ten years later? Are you kidding? Don't do that again: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22



Closing


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB