You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-06 16:13:41

Emphrygian

fglrx: zsh problem and some dual display stuff

I was testing out zsh the other day, but when I made it my defalut login shell with

$ sudo chsh -s /bin/zsh my_user

fglrx didn't start at boot and a glxinfo returned that it used Mesa GLX Indirect. Why is this and how do I circumvent it?

I also use a dual display setup. Both are connected to my vidcard (X1950Pro) but my main screen has a resolution 1600x1200, while my second screen uses 1024x768. This in itself is not a problem, however if I want to change the resolution on one of the screens, how do I do this? KDE Config Desktop screen only shows 3200x1200 resolution (in use) and the "normal" resolutions (like 1600x1200, 1280x1024 etc). It also seems to be possible to select which screen I want to change the resolution of, but it's greyed out. So can I do this without logging out and logging in again?

Another thing, how do I change the frequency of the second screen (or the first, doesn't matter) in the same configuration? My second screen defaults to 85Hz, but I want to be able to shift it between 75 Hz and 72 Hz (guess I'll have to add a modeline for this). Can this be done without a logout-relogin?

Thanks

EDIT: I should probably have said that i use the "DesktopSetup" "horizontal" option in Xorg.conf for my dual display desktop.

Last edited by Emphrygian (2007-08-06 16:32:26)

Board footer