You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-08 08:17:13

cmmig

xf86-video-intel disable tv

I am on a lenovo T61 laptop.  I was running xorg 1.2 (current) without any xorg.conf with kde and everything worked fine, i had the right resolution of 1440x900, except i had no video acceleration ( intel 965 chipset/X3100). I did Xorg -configure to write an xorg.conf to disk and put it in /ext/X11/xorg.conf. I rebooted and everything was fine. I then enabled the testing repo, and updated xorg to 1.3 and installed the xf86-video-intel driver, though i didnt enable. Again i rebooted and everything was working except video acceleration. I then enable the i810 driver in xorg.conf and rebooted. It loaded, but now my screen isnt configured properly. Kde detects my screen as 1024x768, but video is still being output at 1440x900; this leads to kde taking up about 1/2 the screen and making control awkward. xrandr shows that the internal monitor is displaying at 1440x900, but that a tv is detected and playing at 1024x768. This leads me to think that kde is picking up on the tv resolution and tries to display as if that was my monitors resolution. No tv is connected.

So I guess the question that i should be asking: how do i disable tv out on the i965/X3100 chipset with the xf86-video-intel driver?

#2 2007-08-08 20:49:30

cmmig

Re: xf86-video-intel disable tv

Well, i found the following thread which solved my problem: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showth … p?t=159516

made the following alterations:

"One thing that you might run into (I did) is that GDM doesn't use the entire screen. Neither does gnome. This is because the TV output is enabled. You can disable it by adding the following commands to your xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "TVOutput"
Option "Disable" "true"
EndSection

and then in the Device Section add the following

Option "monitor-TV" "TVOutput""

Now everything seems to be working. The only problem, if it is one, is that xrandr only outputs "xrandr: Output TV is not disconnected but has no modes" instead of all the modes available for my laptop screen and which one is running.

Board footer