You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-08 20:56:55

calvinthomas

Final problems! Mounting, USB, Redundant User (Solved)

Well, I'm almost set for Arch now, I just have two things left to sort and it'll all be great so for those I thought I'd come and ask.

Question 1:

I have two seperate linux partitions and sometimes its useful to be able to access the other however, when I open Konqueror, right click and click mount I get the following:

A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

So my question is, how can I get it so I can mount the drive? This also happens when I plug in my usb key drive which I also need to be able to use!

Question 2:

By mistake I accidentally formatted my home partition when installing to another partition (a bit stupid I know!), hence deleting the user I was using to login, I since created a new user which is working without problems, however at the login prompt (kde login that is) in my list the old user still appears and I can't figure out how to get rid of it, so can anyone help with that also?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Calv

Last edited by calvinthomas (2007-09-04 18:17:03)

#2 2007-08-08 21:12:31

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Final problems! Mounting, USB, Redundant User (Solved)

Q1 : check if your user is a member of the storage group, if not add them

Q2 : sorry, no clue

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2007-08-09 05:42:37

drakosha
Website

Q2: the old user is probably still in /etc/passwd and /etc/group and ....
do grep -R 'old_username_here' /etc - and u'll find all those places. Remove where needed.

#4 2007-09-04 18:16:40

calvinthomas

Thanks guys, solved!

Board footer