You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-09 18:37:52

janboe

[solved] pacman/yaourt freezing System

Hi there,
i have a problem with pacman (and also with every tool wich uses pacman). If i do something like:

pacman/yaourt -Syu

or also

yaourt -Syu --aur

The whole system freezes. Sometimes it does the -Syu but freezes at the --aur. The only thing which still works is sysrq. No Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, no Ctrl+Alt+Del. Nothing apears in any log. It only happens when using pacman, everything else works. I think the problem is caused by my kernel-config, since with kernel26suspend2, for example, everything runs perfect. I have that problem with kernel26kamikaze (few changes at the config) and kernel26pierlo ("official" pkg). Maybe its HPET, SLUB, CFQ... Does anyone have the same problems, or an idea what causes these sympthoms?

My kernel26kamikaze-config: http://pastebin.com/f1e93d035

The kernel26pierlo-config: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kerne … rlo/config

Last edited by janboe (2007-08-10 18:05:44)

[pidgin-knotify] Native KDE notifications for pidgin - [series60-remote] Manage your Symbian S60 phone

#2 2007-08-10 08:40:31

janboe

Re: [solved] pacman/yaourt freezing System

Ok,
now i think the Problem is caused by sudo. pacman/yaourt/aurbuild... run flawlessly as real root (su or kdesu konsole). But when i use them as normal user via sudo the system crashes again. I tried to remove sudo using -Rnd and installed again, but no changes.

[pidgin-knotify] Native KDE notifications for pidgin - [series60-remote] Manage your Symbian S60 phone

#3 2007-08-10 18:05:24

janboe

Re: [solved] pacman/yaourt freezing System

So, this seems to be finally solved. I compiled sudo from abs and now it runs...

Board footer