You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-14 09:08:45

becho4

Pulseaudio support in xine-lib

I recently installed a Pulseaudio server to share my loudspeakers among several computers.
On the client side Pulseaudio support is needed in xine-lib for xine and amarok with the xine engine to work.

xine-lib supports by default Pulseaudio but the official PKGBUILD disables it forceing me to build my own package.

Why not to include support for Pulseaudio by default?
Where can I ask for a change in the PKGBUILD, if possible?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post.

roll

#2 2007-08-17 10:50:58

djscholl

Re: Pulseaudio support in xine-lib

This forum is primarily used for discussions of how to write PKGBUILD and install scripts. There is a better way to send a request like this to the maintainer of an official Arch package, who may not follow this forum.

Go to http://bugs.archlinux.org and register/login. Add a task of type "Feature Request". The official xine-lib package is in the category "Packages: Extra". An informative title, such as "Add pulseaudio support to xine-lib package?" is helpful. This helps the task get sent to the attention of the maintainer of the package. If you have specific information, such as a URL stating that pulseaudio support is generally considered harmless, you could include this URL. The maintainer will then close the task, posting an explanation on the bug tracker that he made the change, or if he will not, he will probably explain why not. It would be a good idea to search the task list beforehand just to make sure that you are the first to ask for this feature.

Hope this helps.

Board footer