You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-03 02:16:02

sud_crow
Website

Recovering some information (urgent, kind of)

Im about to reformat "hda5" and reinstall Widget in it, but before that i need to save my emails (i used thunderbird as client) and my bookmarks (i used Mozilla-firefox).

I dont know if they are in my home or where... if they are in my home, then there is no problem and i can proceed, but if they are somewhere like /opt/blablabla or /var/blablabla, then i coulndt find them and i would really apreciate if someone tells me the exact directory.

Im planing to do it in an hour or so, so if anyone is so kind to help asap, it would be great, as i wont have much free time to reinstall and configure tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I forgot, in case someone missed it, im out of system as i presume i found a bug with Pacman, but i didnt get any oficial answer so for now "something" blow up my system and left me in this windows-state. sad

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2004-04-03 04:21:02

sud_crow
Website

Re: Recovering some information (urgent, kind of)

mmm... no one?? mmm... ok, i guess i will just pray to find them in my home partition... sad

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

#3 2004-04-03 05:38:30

sud_crow
Website

Ok, thanks i will check that...

Lamentably, i tryed to reinstall Arch over my old install, but i think my Image has a problem, thought the MD5 checksum was OK when my friend downloaded, i think he has some problems at the burning time...

I got an "Buffer I/O ERROR, HDC block file 17XX"... XX starting in some number and the message repeated several times with diferent blocks...
HDC is my cd-rom drive so, i guess the problem is on the CD and not the drive...

Well, i will check .thunderbird.. actually i never thought of it because there is a .mozilla-thunderbird folder.. so i didnt thought about looking in other hidden directory in my home. Same for firefox.

Thanks for the info.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

#4 2004-04-05 00:55:16

sud_crow
Website

Ok, i found everything i needed under the directories you sayd, thanks a lot.

Im at 40% of widget, so i guess in one day or two i might finish the download and proceed to reinstall it.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

Board footer