You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-17 00:31:00

ravisghosh
Website

pekwm/lxpanel, full screen issue and easy navigation in menu

Hi friends,
I finally found one of the greatest wm's, pekwm. I coupled it with lxpanel. Now, when I want something to be fullscreen like a video in mplayer or opera, full screen means the whole screen minus the panel. In other words, even in full screen mode, the panel is visible.  I played with options in lxpanel configurator like "make window managers treat the panel as dock" and "reserve space, and not covered by maximized window" but that did not help.

Secondly, I used menumaker to make menu for pekwm. Its nice, but navigation in hte menu is really cumbersome. I use windows at work and they way one can navigate using first letter of a menu entry (like to go to settings, you have to press windows key+s or to go to programs, press window key + p). Can we have something like that here too.

Also, everytime you add/remove some package and then update menu using menumaker, all hand-edited menu entries are gone. Is there a way to have 2 different files, one autogenerated and one hand edited, both of which will show entries in one single menu?

Board footer