You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-28 22:53:35

moose jaw

kdemod: black-on-black menus in OpenOffice

I posted this in the kdemod forum (http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=135) but thought I would cross-post here in case anyone has an idea (apologies if this is the second time you've seen this):

-----

Recently started using kdemod and am really enjoying it! One question: I'm using the default kdemod theme, which includes blackish-charcoal highlighting for menu entries. In almost all applications, the text of the menu entry turns white when highlighted, to contrast with the black background. The one exception is OpenOffice (writer, calc, etc), where the text stays black when highlighted, making it near impossible to read the highlighted menu entry.

I've googled and checked forums but haven't found anyone else who has this issue, or at least any discussion of it. And I've been unable to find the setting in OpenOffice or KDE that would fix it. Like I said, this is the only app with this issue; Opera and even non-Qt apps like Firefox and Thunderbird behave in the normal way. Not really a life or death issue, but kind of annoying. Any help or pointers would be most appreciated!

p.s. this is on i686

#2 2007-08-29 00:03:29

somairotevoli

Re: kdemod: black-on-black menus in OpenOffice

I too have this problem using domino w/ java based apps such as azurues. Also mupen64 has the same behavior.

Board footer